Performance Testing is a type of software testing that is carried out to determine system performance in terms of sensitivity, reactivity and stability under a particular workload.
Stress testing is a type of software testing that verifies the stability and reliability of the system. This test particularly determines the system’s robustness and error handling under extremely heavy load conditions.
Differences between Performance and Stress Testing:
|Performance Testing||Stress Testing|
|Performance testing is carried out to check the system’s performance under varying loads.||Stress testing is carried out to check the behavior of the system under the sudden increased load.|
|It contains load and stress testing as components.||Stress testing is the subset of the performance testing.|
|It checks scalability, speed, reliability etc. of the system or software application.||It only checks the stability of the system or software application.|
|In performance testing, limit of load is both below and above the threshold of break.||In stress testing, limit of load is above the threshold of break.|
|It ensures that the system or software application performs properly.||It ensures the security of the system under the failures.|
|Performance testing is performed by uniformly varying the load.||Stress testing is performed by increasing the load suddenly.|
|Load vary from lowest to highest limit in a uniform manner.||Load is directly changed from lowest to highest(extreme) point.|
- Difference between Stress Testing and Volume Testing
- Difference between Load Testing and Stress Testing
- Difference between Performance Testing and Load Testing
- Stress Testing | Software Testing
- Performance Testing | Software Testing
- Difference between Cost Performance Index (CPI) and Schedule Performance Index (SPI)
- Difference between System Testing and Acceptance Testing
- Difference between Unit Testing and Integration Testing
- Difference between Unit Testing and System Testing
- Difference between Unit Testing and Sandwich Testing
- Difference between Volume Testing and Load Testing
- Difference between Black Box Testing and Gray Box Testing
- Difference between Testing vs Checking
- Difference between Alpha and Beta Testing
- Difference between Static and Dynamic Testing
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.