How to Download All Images from a Web Page in Python?
Web scraping is a technique to fetch data from websites. While surfing on the web, many websites don’t allow the user to save data for personal use. One way is to manually copy-paste the data, which both tedious and time-consuming. Web Scraping is the automation of the data extraction process from websites. In this article we will discuss how we can download all images from a web page using python.
- bs4: Beautiful Soup(bs4) is a Python library for pulling data out of HTML and XML files. This module does not come built-in with Python.
- requests: Requests allows you to send HTTP/1.1 requests extremely easily. This module also does not come built-in with Python.
- os: The OS module in python provides functions for interacting with the operating system. OS, comes under Python’s standard utility modules. This module provides a portable way of using operating system dependent functionality.
- Import module
- Get HTML Code
- Get list of img tags from HTML Code using findAll method in Beautiful Soup.
images = soup.findAll('img')
Create separate folder for downloading images using mkdir method in os.
- Iterate through all images and get the source URL of that image.
- After getting the source URL, last step is download the image
- Fetch Content of Image
r = requests.get(Source URL).content
- Download image using File Handling
# Enter File Name with Extension like jpg, png etc.. with open("File Name","wb+") as f: f.write(r)