How to read all CSV files in a folder in Pandas?
In this article, we will see how to read all CSV files in a folder into single Pandas dataframe. The task can be performed by first finding all CSV files in a particular folder using glob() method and then reading the file by using pandas.read_csv() method and then displaying the content.
- Import necessary python packages like pandas, glob, and os.
- Use glob python package to retrieve files/pathnames matching a specified pattern i.e. ‘.csv’
- Loop over the list of csv files, read that file using pandas.read_csv().
- Convert each csv file into a dataframe.
- Display its location, name, and content.
Below is the implementation.
pandas as pd
Note: The program reads all CSV files in the folder in which the program itself is present.
Whether you're preparing for your first job interview or aiming to upskill in this ever-evolving tech landscape, GeeksforGeeks Courses
are your key to success. We provide top-quality content at affordable prices, all geared towards accelerating your growth in a time-bound manner. Join the millions we've already empowered, and we're here to do the same for you. Don't miss out - check it out now!