In the software testing field, these two terms are the most important and are also closely related, but from a different perspective. A Use Case is used to define the system that how to use the system for performing a specific task. and A Test Case is defined as a group of test inputs, execution condition, and expected results which further lead to developing a particular test objective.
A use case is not a part of execution it is only a diagrammatic presentation of a document that specifies how to perform a certain task. If we talk about test case it is used to validate the software which is developed by testers for validating that the software is in working as per requirement or not.
Let see some important difference in tabular form:
|Comparison parameter||Use Case||Test case|
|Definition||A sequential actions which is use to describe the interaction among the role and system to maintain a specified objective,||A Group of test inputs, conditions and variables by which the charcaterstics of the software is defined.|
|Goal||To reach the last operation follow all sequential operation||validating the software as it is working fine or not.|
|Iteration||it follows different paths||it follows single test case is tested at a time|
|Dependency||it is dependent on the requirements||it is dependent over the use case|
|Requirement||Documents and research is required||Test inputs scripts and each test scripts complete one step|
|Completion||complete all step once||The testing is done again and again then finish.|
|Working||it is working as following the step by step function ability of the software.||it is working with the help of testers to validate the software|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between Test Case and Test Script
- Boundary Value Test Cases, Robust Cases and Worst Case Test Cases
- Difference between Test Plan and Test Strategy
- Difference between Test Scenario and Test Condition in Software Engineering
- Software Testing | Use Case Testing
- Use Case Diagram for Library Management System
- Use Case Diagram for Bank ATM System
- Test Case Prioritization in Software Testing
- Software Engineering | Structured analysis and design with CASE tools
- Software Engineering | CASE tool and its scope
- Requirements and feature of Good Prototyping CASE tool
- Computer Aided Software Engineering (CASE)
- Software Engineering | Architecture of a CASE environment
- Software Engineering | Benefits of CASE
- Software Engineering | Characteristics of CASE Tools
- Second-generation CASE tool
- When should you use Waterfall Model
- When to use a Defect Pareto Chart?
- Difference and Similarities between PHP and C
- Difference between Stop and Wait protocol and Sliding Window protocol
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.