Let’ see how to combine multiple columns in Pandas using
groupby with dictionary with the help of different examples.
- Here we have grouped Column 1.1, Column 1.2 and Column 1.3 into Column 1 and Column 2.1, Column 2.2 into Column 2.
- Notice that the output in each column is the min value of each row of the columns grouped together. i.e in Column 1, value of first row is the minimum value of Column 1.1 Row 1, Column 1.2 Row 1 and Column 1.3 Row 1.
- Here, notice that even though ‘Movies’ isn’t being merged into another column it still has to be present in the groupby_dict, else it won’t be in the final dataframe.
- To calculate the Total_Viewers we have used the .sum() function which sums up all the values of the respective rows.
- How to combine Groupby and Multiple Aggregate Functions in Pandas?
- Collapse multiple Columns in Pandas
- How to select multiple columns in a pandas dataframe
- How to drop one or multiple columns in Pandas Dataframe
- Using dictionary to remap values in Pandas DataFrame columns
- Pandas GroupBy
- Python | Combining values from dictionary of list
- Python | Pandas dataframe.groupby()
- Difference of two columns in Pandas dataframe
- How to rename columns in Pandas DataFrame
- Python | Pandas DataFrame.columns
- Getting frequency counts of a columns in Pandas DataFrame
- Dealing with Rows and Columns in Pandas DataFrame
- Iterating over rows and columns in Pandas DataFrame
- Conditional operation on Pandas DataFrame columns
- Loop or Iterate over all or certain columns of a dataframe in Python-Pandas
- Join two text columns into a single column in Pandas
- Change Data Type for one or more columns in Pandas Dataframe
- Split a String into columns using regex in pandas DataFrame
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.