Software Testing – Defect Testing Tools
When the predicted outcomes do not match the actual results, a software problem occurs. In a computer program, it may also be an error, defect, failure, or fault. The majority of defects are caused by mistakes and errors made by programmers and architects. A defect tracking tool is an application where development teams can report and track bugs that occur in software development projects.
Defect Tracking Tools Help in the Following Ways:
- It helps development teams and agile teams to streamline their processes and minimize downtime.
- Team members can prioritize and manage bugs efficiently and collaboratively.
- Some tools have built-in notification systems that alert teams to bugs almost immediately.
Defect Tracking Software Buying Guide: The following are some of the factors that one can look for before buying a defect tracking software:
- Good customer support.
- Customizable Kanban and task boards.
- A robust notification system that notifies about the bug as soon as a bug is reported.
- Easy setup to implement the software faster within the team.
- Hardware/Software requirements of the bug testing tool.
- Feedback features to obtain feedback from the stakeholders easily and efficiently.
Following are some of the defect testing tools:
Let’s discuss each of these tools in detail.
One of the most essential bug tracking tools is Jira. Jira is an open-source platform used in manual testing for bug tracking, project management, and problem tracking. Jira contains a variety of capabilities such as reporting, recording, and workflow. We can monitor all types of faults and issues connected to software that is created by the test engineer in Jira.
- Boards that are flexible and glossy.
- Powerful project configuration.
- Project-based independent configuration.
- Roadmaps that are linked to real-world projects.
- Including rules and guardrails for the team.
BugHerd is the simplest way to monitor issues, collect feedback, and manage web page feedback. Your staff and clients can tie feedback to specific elements on a web page to pinpoint problems. BugHerd also saves information like the browser, CSS selector data, operating system, and even a screenshot to help you quickly recreate and fix errors. This application saves all of the data you’ll need to reproduce and quickly fix any fault, such as issues with your web browser or operating system. BugHerd is the most user-friendly tool for tracking problems and managing website feedback. Bugs and feedback should be pinned to elements on a website, and technical information should be captured to help fix issues. With the Kanban-style task board, you can track feedback tasks all the way to completion.
- Bug and feedback capture with a simple point-and-click interface
- You will be provided with technical information such as your browser, operating system, and screen resolution.
- BugHerd collects technical data such as browser, operating system, and other details.
- Feedback should be pinned to webpage elements rather than a specific location.
- Commenting in real-time.
- Task Specifications
- Boards of Task
- Comments made in real-time.
- Integrates with GitLab, BitBucket, and GitHub.
Bugzilla is another key bug tracking program that is extensively used by many businesses to monitor issues. It is an open-source program that is used to assist the customer and client in keeping track of issues. It is also used as a test management tool since it allows us to quickly connect other test case management solutions such as ALM, quality Centre, and so on. It runs on a number of operating systems, including Windows, Linux, and Mac.
- Capabilities for Advanced Search.
- User Preferences Control Email Notifications.
- Bug Lists in Various Formats (Atom, iCal, etc.)
- Email reports on a regular basis (daily, weekly, hourly, etc.).
- Reports and graphs.
- Automatic Detection of Duplicate Bugs.
- Bugs can be reported/modified through email.
- Time management.
It is a free and open-source defect tracking and project issue management solution designed in the ASP.NET and C# programming languages and compatible with the Microsoft SQL database. BugNet’s goal is to limit the complicity of the programming that facilitates deployment.BugNet’s advanced version is commercially licensed.
- It will provide strong security while being simple to use and administer.
- BugNet provides support for a variety of projects and databases.
- We can receive an email notice using this technology.
- This is capable of managing the project and milestones.
- There is an online support community for this tool.
It is a bug tracking solution that may be used with hosted or on-premises applications. It is a Scrum team project management tool. Through the Scrum planning board, project managers and developers may examine each task, its requirements, defects, and incidents in the system, on separate file cards. You can manage your user stories, bugs, support requests, and get a real-time overview of your progress with Axosoft.
- It is one of the best bug management tools available.
- Scrum planning committee.
- Scrum burn down diagrams.
- Data visualization on the Requirement Management Team’s wiki.
- Reporting on SCM integration.
- Help desk or incident management.
Redmine is a Ruby-based project management system. It is also known as an issue tracking system and supports multiple database servers. It’s an open-source platform that allows users to discuss their ideas through forums and internal blogs, allowing knowledge to be shared between team members. Users can manage numerous projects and linked subprojects while using the Redmine tool.
- Several projects are supported.
- System for tracking issues that is adaptable.
- Calendar and Gantt chart.
- Management of news, documents, and files.
- Email alerts and RSS feeds.
- According to the project wiki.
- Forums for each project.
- Keeping track of time.
MantisBT is an open source issue tracker that strikes a fine balance between strength and simplicity. Users can get up and running in minutes, manage their projects, and efficiently collaborate with their peers and clients. If you’ve used previous bug tracking software, you’ll find this one to be simple to use. Mantis is accessible as a web application and a mobile application. It integrates with apps such as chat, time tracking, wiki, RSS feeds, and many others, and works with multiple databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, and MS SQL.
- Support for projects, sub-projects, and categories.
- security dependent on the user.
- tools for advanced searches.
- graphing and reporting.
- Support for e-mail and RSS feeds.
- Issue pages and workflow can be customized.
- Integration of revision control.
- handling of documents.
SpiraTeam offers a comprehensive Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) solution that allows you to manage all of your requirements, tests, plans, activities, defects, and issues in one place, with full traceability from start to finish. SpiraTeam is a complete Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) solution that includes integrated bug tracking. With built-in end-to-end traceability, SpiraTeam allows you to manage your whole testing process, from requirements through tests, problems, and issues. The following functionalities are included with SpiraTeam out of the box.
- During the run of the test script, new incidents are automatically created.
- Statuses, priorities, defect kinds, and severity levels are fully customizable event fields.
- The ability to associate occurrences (bugs) with other artefacts and incidents.
- Reporting, searching, and sorting capabilities, as well as a change audit trail.
- When the customized workflow status changes, email notifications are sent out.
- Email-based bug and issue reporting.
Backlog is a web-based error/bug tracking and project management application designed for software development teams. Any team member may quickly report a mistake, and there is a lot of information about the error’s history, as well as if the error has been handled and how it was resolved. You may manage many IT projects using this fantastic solution, in addition to tracking and detecting faults. The tool comes with a variety of features, including subtasks and detailed status charts, as well as iOS and Android apps.
- Gantt charts, burndown charts, and Boards make it simple to keep track of jobs of any status.
- Communication that is more efficient
- Supports Repositories in Git and SVN
- Genuine Transparency
- It’s simple to switch from Jira and Redmine.
- Updates in real-time
Trac, an open-source web-based defect/bug tracking tool, is another option. Python is the programming language used to create it. Trac works with a variety of operating systems, including Windows, Mac OS X, UNIX, Linux, and others. Trac is an excellent tool for tracking bugs in software development projects. We can view modifications, view history, and access it via code. This program can handle many projects and comes with a variety of plugins that add a variety of extra capabilities while keeping the basic system simple and straightforward to use.
- Use an open-source tool to manage your project.
- Organize and manage project difficulties.
- Keep track of your progress.
- Online access to your code repository.
- Maintain control over your users.
- Use the wiki to keep track of team knowledge.
- Plugins can be used to increase the capabilities of the system.
It’s possible to manage your team and do performance reviews using Monday, a bug-tracking application. For simple data visualization, it offers a versatile dashboard.
- Supported Platforms: Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, and Linux
- It can automate your daily work.
- It enables you to work remotely.
- You can track your work progress.
- Seamlessly integrates with Outlook, Microsoft Teams, Dropbox, Slack, Google Calendar, Google Drive, Excel, Gmail, LinkedIn, OneDrive, Zapier, and Adobe Creative Cloud
- You can export your file in PDF, PNG, JPEG, SVG, and CSV formats
- Set Scans to run hourly, daily, and weekly
Benefits of Defect Testing Tool: The following are some of the benefits of the defect testing tool
- Delivery of high-quality products.
- Reduces the cost of development thus increasing the Return On Investment (ROI).
- Better communication and teamwork.
- Understand the defect trends.
- Better customer satisfaction.
Please Login to comment...