Processing a video means, performing operations on the video frame by frame. Frames are nothing but just the particular instance of the video in a single point of time. We may have multiple frames even in a single second. Frames can be treated as similar to an image.
So, whatever operations we can perform on images can be performed on frames as well. Let us see some of the operations with examples.
Adaptive Threshold –
By using this technique we can apply thresholding on small regions of the frame. So the collective value will be different for the whole frame.
Smoothing a video means removing the sharpness of the video and providing a blurriness to the video. There are various methods for smoothing such as
cv2.bilateralFilter(). For our purpose, we are going to use
Edge Detection –
Edge detection is a useful technique to detect he edges of surfaces and objects in the video. Edge detection involves the following steps:
- Noise reduction
- Gradient calculation
- Non-maximum suppression
- Double threshold
- Edge tracking by hysteresis
Bitwise Operations –
Bitwise operations are useful to mask different frames of a video together. Bitwise operations are just like we have studied in the classroom such as AND, OR, NOT, XOR.
We can perform any other operations according to our needs. These are just few basic operations that are mostly used.
- Python | Create video using multiple images using OpenCV
- Python | Grayscaling of Images using OpenCV
- Concatenate images using OpenCV in Python
- Python OpenCV - Depth map from Stereo Images
- Erosion and Dilation of images using OpenCV in python
- Addition and Blending of images using OpenCV in Python
- Drawing with Mouse on Images using Python-OpenCV
- Measure similarity between images using Python-OpenCV
- Python | Denoising of colored images using opencv
- Extract images from video in Python
- Arithmetic Operations on Images using OpenCV | Set-2 (Bitwise Operations on Binary Images)
- Python | Play a video using OpenCV
- Python OpenCv: Write text on video
- Python OpenCV: Capture Video from Camera
- Python | Play a video in reverse mode using OpenCV
- OpenCV Python program for Vehicle detection in a Video frame
- Stitching input images (panorama) using OpenCV with C++
- Draw geometric shapes on images using OpenCV
- Arithmetic Operations on Images using OpenCV | Set-1 (Addition and Subtraction)
- OpenCV | Loading Video
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.