PayU Interview Experience for Associate Software Engineer (On-Campus)
Date: 30 September 2021
Preliminary round: Online Test
Hey geek! It's time to become a success story instead of reading them. Check out our most renowned DSA Self Paced Course, now at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. And if you are looking for a more complete interview preparation resource, check out Complete Interview Preparation Course that will prepare you for the SDE role of your dreams!
Feeling prepared enough for your interview? Test your skills with our Test Series that will help you prepare for top companies like Amazon, Microsoft, TCS, Wipro, Google and many more!
- On the HirePro platform with a mix of aptitude and core CS questions. The difficulty was easy to moderate. Coding questions were there with very basic difficulty.
Round 1: Technical round
Time: 1:15 hr
- The interviewer asked me about types of data structures (linear and non-linear). Then some questions on sorting and searching.
- The interviewer asked me to dry run the bubble sort and merge sort on a given array. Make sure to explain every step in detail. Questions were also on recursion concept, divide and conquer like Binary search.
- Also, as PayU works on securing transactions, the interviewer asked me about types of cryptography. He then asked me to explain the Public key (Asymmetric) cryptography along with the RSA algorithm.
Round 2: Technical Round
- This round was based entirely on the resume. The interviewer asked me about every project, research paper mentioned in my resume.
- I was asked to explain my recent projects during Mtech thoroughly. Then the interviewer asked, ” Which technology do you want to work on?” and other related questions. Don’t get over-excited here and calmly reply that my decision will be based on the projects and business needs of the company.
- Never say like “Sir, I only want to work in data science profile”. Make yourself open to all relatable profiles. This round is also of 1 hr. If you were able to explain your resume indeed, this round is just a cakewalk for you.
Round 3: Hr round
- For me, this round lasted only for 10 minutes. It was an HR round. The interviewer asked me some general questions like
- “Tell me about your accomplishments”, “Your daily routine,” and “What you are expecting from your first company”.
- It was the final round in the hiring process.
I don’t know where I went wrong in the HR round; unfortunately, I was not on the list of selected candidates.
Verdict: Not selected