MAQ Software Interview Experience for Associate Software Engineer | On-Campus 2022
MAQ Software visited the campus to hire for the position of Associate Software Engineer. I would like to share my interview experience with my fellow geeks for the same.
Total Rounds: 4
Hey geek! It's time to become a success story instead of reading them. Check out our most renowned DSA Self Paced Course, now at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. And if you are looking for a more complete interview preparation resource, check out Complete Interview Preparation Course that will prepare you for the SDE role of your dreams!
Feeling prepared enough for your interview? Test your skills with our Test Series that will help you prepare for top companies like Amazon, Microsoft, TCS, Wipro, Google and many more!
Eligibility Branches : B. Tech. (CSE/ IT) , BCA + MCA/ B.Sc. (IT) + MCA/ B.Sc. (CS) + MCA.
Eligibility Criteria: 6 CGPA/ 60% plus or equivalent throughout academic years and No active backlogs.
Round 1: IQ Test
This round consisted of 30 aptitude questions from topics like speed distance time, problems on age, profit loss, percentage, basic probability, and boat and stream. The time allowed for this was to be done in 30 minutes.
Round 2: Coding Round
This round consisted of 4 coding questions to be done in 60 minutes. The questions were:
- Sort an alphanumeric string such that the positions of alphabets and numbers remain unchanged
Round 3: Technical Interview
- At first, the interviewer asked me about my project and asked me to describe what my project is all about, and asked me whether it was an individual project or a team project and what tech stack is used in the project.
- After this, I was asked to write the DFS algorithm(depth-first search) and was asked which data structure it uses.
- Moving on I was asked to code a question: shifting the array to left by d positions.
- Another coding question that I was asked was triplet sum where the interviewer asked me to tell the optimized approach for it.
- Then I have asked a question and SQL query where joins had to be applied.
- The last question was a famous puzzle that is available on GeeksForGeeks.(camels and banana puzzle)
So to summarise I would say 2 coding questions, 1 algorithm, 1 SQL query, 1 puzzle, and a description of my project was asked.
Round 4: HM Interview
- This round can be termed as technical + HR, but the technical part was more into focus.
- The round started with the general question “Tell me about yourself”.
- After this, I was given this question to code N’th palindrome of K digits.
- Then there was a deep dive into one of my projects web development, the interviewer asked me many questions on my project and also asked me what changes can be done to my project to fulfill certain criteria.
- He also asked what all problems I faced while making the project and how did I overcome it.
- Next is an hr question: How will you manage to complete a given task if the deadline is near and the task is not yet completed.
- The last question was: How will I copy a file into d drive.
Prepare well about your projects and try to work more on problem-solving as both the interviews focussed mainly on this also questions were asked from DBMS so DBMS is an important subject to prepare for this interview.
The interview ended with these questions and later in the evening, the results were declared in which a total of 16 students were selected and I was happy to be one of them.
Wishing you ALL THE BEST, and may you be among those who get selected !!