In this article, we are going to discuss how to develop a digital hearing aid using MATLAB.
MATLAB stands for Matrix Laboratory. It is a high-performance language that is used for technical computing. It allows matrix manipulations, plotting of functions, implementation of algorithms and creation of user interfaces. It is both a programming language and a programming environment. It allows the computation of statements in the command window itself.
- We give an input speech signal to the MATLAB model.
- Then we add noise to the input speech signal because for this system the input signal is a clean signal, some noise is added in order to simulate a real situation.
- Now we use the Wavelet filter to reduce the noise.
- We use frequency shaper to correct the loss of hearing certain frequencies.
- The amplitude compression is used to improve the gain of the signal.
Flow Diagram based on the above approach:
Here we are using AWGN(additive white gaussian noise) because AWGN is a fundamental model utilized in data hypothesis to emulate the impact of numerous arbitrary cycles that happen in nature. AWGN has a continuous and uniform frequency spectrum over a specified frequency band and has equal power per Hertz of this band.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.