Predict the output of following Java program.
10 20 30 40 50
The array arr is declared as final, but the elements of array are changed without any problem. Arrays are objects and object variables are always references in Java. So, when we declare an object variable as final, it means that the variable cannot be changed to refer to anything else. For example, the following program 1 compiles without any error and program fails in compilation.
Output: Compiler Error: cannot assign a value to final variable t1
So a final array means that the array variable which is actually a reference to an object, cannot be changed to refer to anything else, but the members of array can be modified.
As an exercise, predict the output of following program
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Jagged Array in Java
- How to compare two arrays in Java?
- Understanding Array IndexOutofbounds Exception in Java
- Array vs ArrayList in Java
- Arrays in Java
- HashSet vs TreeSet in Java
- ShortBuffer allocate() method in Java With Examples
- IntBuffer duplicate() method in Java with Examples
- ShortBuffer compact() method in Java With Examples
- LongBuffer equals() method in Java