Predict the output of following Java program.
10 20 30 40 50
The array arr is declared as final, but the elements of array are changed without any problem. Arrays are objects and object variables are always references in Java. So, when we declare an object variable as final, it means that the variable cannot be changed to refer to anything else. For example, the following program 1 compiles without any error and program fails in compilation.
Output: Compiler Error: cannot assign a value to final variable t1
So a final array means that the array variable which is actually a reference to an object, cannot be changed to refer to anything else, but the members of array can be modified.
As an exercise, predict the output of following program
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Unreachable statement using final and non-final variable in Java
- final keyword in java
- final vs Immutability in Java
- Using final with Inheritance in Java
- Blank Final in Java
- final variables in Java
- Private and final methods in Java
- Final static variable in Java
- Final local variables in Java
- final, finally and finalize in Java
- Instance variable as final in Java
- Java | final keyword | Question 4
- Java | final keyword | Question 3
- Java | final keyword | Question 1
- Java | final keyword | Question 2