Indus Valley Partners came to on-campus selection for the role of Associate Software Developer Engineer. It allowed students only from the CS and ECE branch. Cut off was min 65% in 10th, 12th, and B. Tech. The structure of the interview was an Online Test and 3 rounds of interviews.
I don’t know the exact number but I’m guessing a total of 60 to 80 students might have appeared for the 1st round and 8 got on with the further round.
Second round (Tech round): I was interviewed for about 30 minutes and the meeting happened in Google meet.
- What was the difference between function overloading and overriding?
- She shared her screen and in the notepad wrote a code whose output I was told to find. The code contained a calling a function with a variable as an argument and some post and pre-increment operators and finally printing the variable. the key thing was that variable wouldn’t change its value because it was called by value.
- What is 3NF? It is a form of database we used to reduce redundancy, and 3rd NF excludes transitive dependencies from the table. i.e. for every dependency, alpha must be the candidate key or super key OR beta can be a prime attribute
- What are pointers
- Are objects called by value or reference; Ans: Call by reference
- What are AVL trees
- WAP to print the following pattern with N as input :
* *** ***** ******* ***** *** *
I was allowed to write the program in ide.geeksforgeeks.org and share the screen
This was what I wrote: https://ide.geeksforgeeks.org/dn5qjWDRTT
- Questions on SQL:
1st Employee Table
empID, empName, empAge
2nd Bonus Table
bonusID, empID, bonusAmount
2 queries to be written:
- Employee wise total bonus
- Employees who have not received any bonus
Ans (At least what I wrote I haven’t tested it):
- SELECT EmpID,BonusSum from (SELECT empID, SUM(bonusAmt) as BonusSum from Bonus GroupBy empID)
- Select EmpName from Employee where Empid=select empID from Employee MINUS select empID from Bonus
4 out of 8 made it to the next round.
Third round (Managerial round): This round was a bit bizarre, I had projects in Machine Learning and I was just asked why I applied for this as this is WebDev based role. I explained ML is just another domain I pursued, I am prepared to learn whatever’s required for the company.
It was a 9-minute interview without any technical questions.
2 out of 4 made it to the next round.
Final round (HR round): In this, you need to be prepared for the company related questions. I was asked if I knew what role I was offered
- Why I wanted to do this
- Do I know anyone at the company?
- The project that I was really proud of
- The project that I wasn’t that proud of
- Where would I see myself in the future?
Both of us were selected.
My advice checks the company out before going into the meeting, check for the LinkedIn profile, and see your interviewers’ profiles or anyone from your college. Be ready with your projects and know everything from your resume. Know the company’s latest achievements and successes. Learn the OOP concept thouroughly and understand basic concepts. It’s going to be really easy unless you make any mistakes. Show dedication to join the company. Even if you dont have the project the company requires, say you’ll learn it.