How to read all CSV files in a folder in Pandas?
In this article, we will see how to read all CSV files in a folder into single Pandas dataframe. The task can be performed by first finding all CSV files in a particular folder using glob() method and then reading the file by using pandas.read_csv() method and then displaying the content.
- Import necessary python packages like pandas, glob, and os.
- Use glob python package to retrieve files/pathnames matching a specified pattern i.e. ‘.csv’
- Loop over the list of csv files, read that file using pandas.read_csv().
- Convert each csv file into a dataframe.
- Display its location, name, and content.
Below is the implementation.
pandas as pd
Note: The program reads all CSV files in the folder in which the program itself is present.