In Java, constructor of base class with no argument gets automatically called in derived class constructor. For example, output of following program is:
Base Class Constructor Called
Derived Class Constructor Called
But, if we want to call parameterized contructor of base class, then we can call it using super(). The point to note is base class constructor call must be the first line in derived class constructor. For example, in the following program, super(_x) is first line derived class constructor.
x = 10, y = 20
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Constructors in Java
- Why Constructors are not inherited in Java?
- Output of Java Programs | Set 14 (Constructors)
- Java Interview Questions on Constructors
- StringTokenizer class in Java with example | Set 1 ( Constructors)
- Private Constructors and Singleton Classes in Java
- Inheritance in Java
- Order of execution of Initialization blocks and Constructors in Java
- Java | Inheritance | Question 5
- Java | Inheritance | Question 1
- Java | Inheritance | Question 4
- Java | Inheritance | Question 3
- Comparison of Inheritance in C++ and Java
- Java | Inheritance | Question 2
- Interfaces and Inheritance in Java
Improved By : ShreyasWaghmare