CSS | transition Property
The transition property in CSS is used to make some transition effect. The transition is the combination of four properties which are listed below:
transition: transition-property transition-duration transition-timing-function transition-delay;
Note: If any of the values are not defined then the browser assumes the default values.
- transition-property: It specifies the CSS properties to which a transition effect should be applied.
- transition-duration: It specifies the length of time a transition animation should take to complete.
- transition-timing-function: It specifies the speed of transition.
- transition-delay: It specifies the transition delay or time when transition starts.
- Before Transition Effect:
- After Transition Effect:
Supported Browsers: The browser supported by transition property are listed below:
- Google Chrome 26 and above
- Edge 12 and above
- Internet Explorer 10 and above
- Firefox 16 and above
- Opera 12.1 and above
- Safari 9 and above