Given an integer N. The task is to generate a square matrix of ( n x n ) having the elements ranging from 1 to n^2 with the following condition:
- The elements of the matrix should be distinct i.e used only once
- Numbers ranging from 1 to n^2
- Every sub-matrix you choose should have the sum of opposite corner elements as even i.e sum of top left and bottom right should be even and sum of top right and bottom left element should be even
This property should apply to all the submatrices of the matrix. You need to generate an Even Sub-Matrix
Output: 1 2
Explanation: Here sum of 1+3=4 is even and 2+4=6 is even
Output: 1 2 3
4 5 6
7 8 9
Explanation: The sub matrix [1 2 4 5], [2 3 5 6], [4 5 7 8], [5 6 8 9], [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9] satisfies the condition of opposite corner
elements having even sum
As we know for any two elements sum to be even it can be Sum of ODD and ODD or Sum of EVEN and EVEN. In either of the two cases for the corner elements sum to be even we need to ensure that the diagonal pattern arranged elements should be either odd or even. So we make the 2d array having diagonals as all odds or all evens to find any submatrix having corner elements sum even. The below approach can be followed for the same.
- When n is odd the diagonals are already in all odd or even elements so we need not modify and generate a simple 2d array
- When n is even the matrix generated does not satisfy the property having even sum of opposite corner elements of the sub-matrices, so we reverse the alternate row elements so that diagonals of every submatrix is either all odd or all even.
Below is the implementation.
1 2 3 4 8 7 6 5 9 10 11 12 16 15 14 13
- Python | Corner detection with Harris Corner Detection method using OpenCV
- Python | Corner Detection with Shi-Tomasi Corner Detection Method using OpenCV
- Python program to find tuples which have all elements divisible by K from a list of tuples
- Python | Detect corner of an image using OpenCV
- PyQt5 – Different border corner of Label
- PyQt5 – Different curved Indicator corner in CheckBox
- Python - Odd or Even elements combinations Summations in Matrix
- Python | Find whether all tuple have same length
- Python - Check if all tuples have element difference less than K
- wxPython - Create Radio Button using Create() function
- wxPython - Create Static Box using Create() method
- Python | Number of elements to be removed such that product of adjacent elements is always even
- TensorFlow - How to create a tensor with all elements set to one
- Python - Filter Tuples with All Even Elements
- How to Create a Correlation Matrix using Pandas?
- How to Create a Sparse Matrix in Python
- heapq in Python to print all elements in sorted order from row and column wise sorted matrix
- Check if both halves of the string have same set of characters in Python
- Python | Check if two lists have at-least one element common
- Python | Check if two lists have any element in common
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.