The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is a prestigious central recruiting agency responsible for conducting various examinations to recruit top-notch candidates for the Indian Civil services. It is an important first step towards a career in the Indian civil services. UPSC Prelims Examination is conducted to shortlist students for UPSC Mains. You must need to familiarise yourself with every aspect of exam preparation and other important tips for UPSC such as Admit card, preparation tips, age limit, and Syllabus.
UPSC Admit Card 2024
One of the most important documents required to appear for the UPSC exams is the UPSC Admit Card. The UPSC admit card is available for download on the UPSC website. Candidates can download their admit card by entering their registration number and date of birth.
The UPSC admit card contains the following information:
- Candidate’s name
- Registration number
- Date of birth
- Exam centre
- Date and time of the exam
- Instructions for the exam
UPSC Prelims 2024 Hall Ticket
The UPSC Prelims 2024 hall ticket will be released on the UPSC website on 5th February, 2024. Candidates can download their hall ticket by entering their registration number and date of birth.
The UPSC Prelims 2024 hall ticket contains the same information as the UPSC admit card, but it also includes the following information:
- Subject code for each paper
- Timings for each paper
UPSC Mains 2024 Admit Card
The UPSC Mains 2024 admit card will be released on the UPSC website. Candidates can download their admit card by entering their registration number and date of birth.
The UPSC Mains 2024 admit card contains the same information as the UPSC admit card, but it also includes the following information:
- Optional subjects
- Date and time of the interview
UPSC Interview e-Summon Letters
The UPSC interview e-summon letters will be sent to the shortlisted candidates by email. The e-summon letters will contain the following information:
- Date and time of the interview
- Venue of the interview
Step-by-Step Process to Download UPSC Admit Card
To download the UPSC Admit Card, Candidates need to follow these steps:
- Step 1: Visit the official UPSC website.
- Step 2: Search for Admit Card or E- Admit Card section on the website.
- Step 3: Select the relevant examination for which you have applied.
- Step 4: Enter the required details such as number, date of birth, and catch code.
- Step 5: Click on the “Submit” button to generate your admit card.
- Step 6: Review the details mentioned on the admit card and down it.
- Step 7: Take multiple printouts of the admit card for future reference.
Essential information on UPSC Admit Card
The UPSC Admit Card contains crucial information that candidates must verify upon downloading it. The Key details include:
- Name of the candidate
- Roll number
- Photograph and Signature
- Date of Birth
- Examination date and time
- Important instruction
- Reporting time
- Exam centre code, and address
- Name of the examination
- Date and time of the examination
- Duration of the examination
- Reporting time
- Examination venue and address
- Important instructions for the exam day
Important Instruction for UPSC Examinations:
Candidates must carefully read and follow all the instructions mentioned on the UPSC admit card. Some common instructions include:
- Carry a valid photo ID proof along with the admit card.
- Reach the examination centre before the reporting time.
- Follow the dress code guidelines, if any.
- Avoid carrying any prohibited items like electronic devices, calculators, etc.
- Adhere to the examination rules and regulations.
Resolving Admit Card Discrepenseries
In case of any discrepancies or errors in the UPSC Admit card, candidates should immediately contact the UPSC helpline or email their concerns to the designated authorities.
- For Technical Problems – Email- firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Applicant Data Problems – Email – email@example.com
- Postal Address – UPSC, Dholpur House, Shahjahan Road, New Delhi- 110069
- Phone Number – 011-23098543, 011-23385271, 011-23381125
Documents to Carry with UPSC CSE Admit Card
When appearing for the UPSC Civil Services Examination(CSE), Candidates must not only carry their UPSC CSE Admit Card but also essential documents. These documents are crucial for identification purposes and to ensure a smooth examination process. Here is a list of documents that candidates must carry along with their UPSC CSE Admit Card:
1. Valid Photo ID Proof: Candidates must carry a valid photo id proof issued by the government of India.
- Aadhaar Card
- Voter ID Card
- Driving License
- PAN Card
- Government-issued ID card
- Identity Certificate/Document issued by a Gazetted Officer on official letterhead
2. Recent Passport -size Photograph: Candidates must carry a few recent passport-size photographs which are taken recently.
3. Disability Certificate(if applicable): Candidates who have claimed relaxation under the persons with Benchmark Disabilities(PwBD) category should carry a valid disability certificate issued by a component medical authority.
4.Caste / Category Certificate(If Applicable): Candidates belonging to reserved categories such as Scheduled Tribes(ST), Other Backward Classes(OBC), Scheduled Cast(ST) or Economically Weaker Sections(EWS) should carry a valid category/caste certificate.
5. EWS Certificate(If applicable): Candidates belonging to EWS to the Economically Weaker Sections(EWS) category should carry a valid EWS certificate issued by the component authority.
It is important to know that the candidate should carry both the original documents and their photocopies. The photocopies will be submitted to the examination authorities while the original will be at the examination center. Failure of any of the documents may result in disqualification or denial of entry to the examination center. So, while appearing for the UPSC CSE examination candidates must check all the required documents and the proofs that are important for the identification.
In conclusion, while appearing for the UPSC Examination candidates should carry all the essential documents mentioned above. It serves as a detail about the exam. By following the step-by-step process mentioned candidates can easily download their admit cards.
Important Links for UPSC
FAQs on UPSC Admit Card
Q1. Can I make corrections to my UPSC Admit Card if I find any errors?
Answer: In case you find any error in the UPSC admit card, candidates should immediately contact the UPSC helpline or email your concern. It is important to get all the information correctly checked before the exams so that no issue is held during the exam date.
Q2. What should I do if I forget to bring my UPSC Admit Card to the examination centre?
Answer: It is advisable to check your admit card twice while going to the examination hall as there is no entry allowed without your admit card. So, you need to check your admit card twice before leaving for the examination.
Q3. Can I request a duplicate UPSC Admit Card if I lose mine?
Answer: The UPSC authorities do not issue any duplicate admit cards. It is important for you to keep multiple printouts to avoid any loss. In case of any unforeseen circumstances, candidates are required to contact the UPSC helpline for guidance
Whether you're preparing for your first job interview or aiming to upskill in this ever-evolving tech landscape, GeeksforGeeks Courses
are your key to success. We provide top-quality content at affordable prices, all geared towards accelerating your growth in a time-bound manner. Join the millions we've already empowered, and we're here to do the same for you. Don't miss out - check it out now!