SBI Clerk Syllabus 2023: SBI Clerk Prelims & Mains exam is conducted every year to select eligible candidates for the post of Junior Associates in branches of the State Bank of India across the country. So understanding SBI Clerk Syllabus is one of the key aspects for the preparation for the SBI Clerk Exam. So candidates who want to prepare for the Exam of SBI Clerk should go through the latest SBI Clerk Syllabus and exam pattern before starting their preparation Journey.
SBI Clerk Syllabus 2023
SBI Clerk syllabus is almost similar to that of any other banking exam. There are three major sections that a candidate should prepare to pass the SBI Clerk Prelims exam. These are Reasoning, Numerical Ability and English Language. There are so many topics based on these sections. It is recommended that candidates should first go through the previous year papers of SBI Clerk and know about the weightage of each topic.
The SBI Clerk exam is conducted in two phases:
- Preliminary Examination
- Main Examination
The Preliminary Examination serves as a screening test, while the Main Examination evaluates candidates on their knowledge of various subjects and their ability to handle banking operations efficiently.
SBI Clerk syllabus ranges from easy topics to extensive subjects. The exam assesses candidates’ proficiency in solving complex problems within a limited timeframe. The syllabus includes quantitative reasoning, verbal reasoning, and logical reasoning.
Here is the SBI Clerk Exam Pattern for 2023 is as follow:
Reasoning Ability and Computer Awareness
- The Mains Exam also includes a test of the candidate’s proficiency in the Official/Local Language (where applicable).
- The durations mentioned are approximate and subject to change.
- Each correct answer carries 1 mark.
- There is a negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
- To qualify for the Mains Exam, a candidate needs to score at least 60% in each section of the Preliminary Exam.
- To qualify for the final selection, a candidate needs to score at least 60% in the Mains Exam.
- Preliminary Exam
- Mains Exam
Candidates who qualify in the Preliminary Exam will be eligible to appear for the Mains Exam. Those who qualify in the Mains Exam will be called for the Interview. The final selection will be based on the performance in the Interview.
Here’s the latest SBI Clerk Syllabus for Prelims as well as Mains exam:
SBI Clerk Prelims Syllabus 2023
The SBI Clerk syllabus 2023 is comparable to that of other banking examinations, and applicants must be familiar with it in order to achieve good SBI Clerk results. In the SBI Clerk Prelims exam 2023, candidates must answer questions from the three areas listed below. To learn more about the SBI Clerk Prelims Syllabus 2023, read the following:
- English language
- Quantitative Ability
- Reasoning Ability
The SBI Clerk Preliminary Exam is worth 100 marks and consists of 100 questions, each worth one mark. The examination lasts one hour. Prelims is a screening stage to select candidates for Mains Exam and the final selection will be done on the basis of the candidate’s performance in the SBI Mains Exam.
SBI Clerk Prelims – English Language Syllabus
Here are the topics covered in the English Language section of the SBI Clerk exam for the prelims:
Direct and Indirect:
Fill in the Blanks:
Active and Passive Voice:
One word Substitution:
SBI Clerk Prelims – Quantitative Ability Syllabus
Here are the topics covered in the Quantitative Ability section of the SBI Clerk exam for the prelims:
Simplification and Approximation:
Profit & Loss:
Mixtures & Allegations:
Permutation and Combination:
Work & Time:
Sequence & Series:
Simple Interest & Compound Interest:
Surds & Indices:
Mensuration – Cylinder, Cone, Sphere:
Time, Speed, & Distance:
Height and Distance:
Ratio & Proportion:
Percentage and Average:
SBI Clerk Prelims – Reasoning Ability Syllabus
Here are the topics covered in the Reasoning Ability section of the SBI Clerk exam for the prelims:
Directions and Distances:
Ordering and Ranking:
Statement and Assumptions:
Analytical and Decision-Making:
SBI Clerk Mains Syllabus 2023
SBI Clerk syllabus 2023 consists of both prelims and main exams. Once candidates succeed in prelims, they will sit for the mains exam. Mains Syllabus for Mains Exam is divided into 4 sections:
As per the SBI Clerk Mains Exam Pattern, there will be a total of 190 questions carrying 200 marks. The time duration is 2 hours 40 minutes.
SBI Clerk Mains – Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus
Here are the topics covered in the Quantitative Aptitude section of the SBI Clerk Mains exam:
SBI Clerk Mains – General English Syllabus
Here are the topics covered in the General English section of the SBI Clerk Mains exam:
SBI Clerk Mains – General/Financial Awareness Syllabus
Here are the topics covered in the Financial Awareness section of the SBI Clerk Mains exam:
- Current Affairs
- News on the Banking Industry
- Awards and honours
- Latest Appointments
- New schemes of central and state governments
- Static Awareness
Banking and Financial Awareness:
- Introduction to National financial institutions
- Introduction to International Organizations
- Abbreviations and Economic terminologies
- Banking Terms
- Important Government Schemes on capital & money market
Economics and Finance:
Books and Authors:
SBI Clerk Mains – Reasoning Ability Syllabus
Here are the topics covered in the Reasoning Ability section of the SBI Clerk Mains exam:
SBI Clerk Mains – Computer Awareness Syllabus
Here are the topics covered in the Computer Awareness section of the SBI Clerk Mains exam:
SBI Clerk exam isn’t tough if aspirants do the needful by constantly practicing and making sure that they’re not slacking off during exam preparation. These exam tips can help them to score the highest in the exam:
- Examine the SBI Clerk syllabus 2023 and exam pattern to create a comprehensive study strategy.
- Mock exams can help you improve your speed and accuracy while also understanding the pattern of an online exam.
- SBI Clerk is an online exam with sectional timings, you must practice time management skills by tackling sample questions and identifying your weak areas.
- Create a clear timeline and a strategy for each section’s preparation.
- Revisit the important topics on a regular basis. This aids in the recall of the topics when appearing for the exam.
SBI Clerk Syllabus 2023 – FAQs
1. What is the syllabus for the SBI Clerk exam?
SBI Clerk 2023 Syllabus includes Quantitative aptitude, General English, Logical Reasoning, Financial Awareness, and Computer Awareness.
2. What is the duration of the SBI Clerk Mains Exam?
The duration of the SBI Clerk Mains Exam 2023 is 2 Hours and 40 Minutes.
3. Will SBI Clerk 2023 have any interviews?
No, There is no interview. The selection is based on the marks obtained in the main exam.
4. Is there any negative marking in SBI Clerk 2023?
Yes, There is a negative marking of 0.25 in SBI Clerk 2023.
Whether you're preparing for your first job interview or aiming to upskill in this ever-evolving tech landscape, GeeksforGeeks Courses
are your key to success. We provide top-quality content at affordable prices, all geared towards accelerating your growth in a time-bound manner. Join the millions we've already empowered, and we're here to do the same for you. Don't miss out - check it out now!