Both Static routing and Dynamic routing are the Types of Routing.
Static Routing is also known as non-adaptive routing which doesn’t change routing table unless the network administrator changes or modify them manually. Static routing does not use complex routing algorithms and It provides high or more security than dynamic routing.
Dynamic routing is also known as adaptive routing which change routing table according to the change in topology. Dynamic routing uses complex routing algorithms and it does not provide high security like static routing. When the network change(topology) occurs, it sends the message to router to ensure that changes then the routes are recalculated for sending updated routing information.
Difference between Static and Dynamic Routing:
|S.NO||Static Routing||Dynamic Routing|
|1.||In static routing routes are user defined.||In dynamic routing, routes are updated according to topology.|
|2.||Static routing does not use complex routing algorithms.||Dynamic routing uses complex routing algorithms.|
|3.||Static routing provides high or more security.||Dynamic routing provides less security.|
|4.||Static routing is manual.||Dynamic routing is automated.|
|5.||Static routing is implemented in small networks.||Dynamic routing is implemented in large networks.|
|6.||In static routing, additional resources are not required.||In dynamic routing, additional resources are required.|
- Difference between Static and Dynamic SQL
- Difference between Static and Dynamic IP address
- Difference between Static and Dynamic Web Pages
- Difference between Classful Routing and Classless Routing
- Difference between static and non-static variables in Java
- Computer Network | Distance vector routing v/s Link state routing
- Computer Networks | Unicast Routing - Link State Routing
- Computer Network | Routing Protocols Set 1 (Distance Vector Routing)
- Difference between Static and Shared libraries
- Difference between var and dynamic in C#
- Onion Routing
- Routing Interface Protocol (RIP) V1 & V2
- Differences between Intradomain and Interdomain Routing
- Computer Network | Types of routing
- Inter VLAN Routing by Layer 3 Switch
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.