FTP stands for File Transfer Protocol. This type of protocol is used to transfer or copies the file from one host to another host. But there may be some problems like different file name and different file directory while sending and receiving file in different hosts or systems. And in FTP, secure channel is not provided to transfer the files between the hosts or systems. FTP works on two ports: 20 and 21 One for data and another is for connection control.
TFTP stands for Trivial File Transfer Protocol. TFTP is used to transfer a file either from client to server or from server to client without the need of FTP feature. Software of TFTP is smaller than FTP. TFTP works on 69 Port number and its service is provided by UDP.
Now, we shall see the difference between FTP and TFTP:
|1.||FTP stands for File Transfer Protocol.||TFTP stands for Trivial File Transfer Protocol.|
|2.||The software of FTP is larger than TFTP.||While software of TFTP is smaller than FTP.|
|3.||FTP works on two ports: 20 and 21.||While TFTP works on 69 Port number.|
|4.||FTP services are provided by TCP.||While TFTP services are provided by UDP.|
|5.||The complexity of FTP is higher than TFTP.||While the complexity of TFTP is less than FTP complexity.|
|6.||There are many commands or messages in FTP.||There are only 5 messages in TFTP.|
|7.||FTP need authentication for communication.||While TFTP does not need authentication for communication.|
|8.||FTP is generally suited for uploading and downloading of files by remote users.||While TFTP is mainly used for transmission of configurations to and from network devices.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between TELNET and FTP
- Difference between File Transfer Protocol (FTP) and Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP)
- Difference between Active and Passive FTP
- What are the differences between HTTP, FTP, and SMTP?
- File Transfer Protocol (FTP) in Application Layer
- FTP Full Form
- Difference between Stop and Wait, GoBackN and Selective Repeat
- Difference between Stop and Wait protocol and Sliding Window protocol
- Similarities and Difference between Java and C++
- Difference between Yaacomo and and XAP
- Difference between VoIP and and POTS
- Difference and Similarities between PHP and C
- Difference between ++*p, *p++ and *++p
- Difference Between DOS and Windows
- Difference between User Level thread and Kernel Level thread
- What’s difference between The Internet and The Web ?
- Difference between Priority Inversion and Priority Inheritance
- What’s difference between Linux and Android ?
- What’s difference between header files "stdio.h" and "stdlib.h" ?
- Difference between HTML and HTTP
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : ashushrma378