TELNET (TELecommunication NETwork) and FTP (File Transfer Protocol) both are the application layer protocol. They are connection oriented protocols as they create a connection between remote host and a server. AS name File Transfer Protocol, FTP is used for transferring the files from one system to another system. and TELNET is used for remote login for a system.
There are some differences between TELNET and FTP which are given below:
|1.||TELNET stands for TELecommunication NETwork.||FTP stands for File Transfer Protocol.|
|2.||TELNET is also used for chat operation.||FTP is used for downloading the files.|
|3.||The Port number in which TELNET is work is 23.||The Port number in which FTP is work is 20 and 21.|
|4.||TELNET uses only one connection.||FTP establish two connections, one is for control command and another is for data transfer.|
|5.||Remote Login is necessary in TELNET.||Remote Login does not necessary in FTP.|
|6.||It does not provide high security, it provides only general security.||It provides high security than TELNET.|
|7.||It is used for remote login for a system.||It is used for transferring the files from one system to another system.|
|8.||It is a connection oriented protocol.||It is also a connection oriented protocol.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between SSH and Telnet
- Difference between File Transfer Protocol (FTP) and Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP)
- Difference between FTP and TFTP
- Difference between Active and Passive FTP
- What are the differences between HTTP, FTP, and SMTP?
- Difference and Similarities between PHP and C
- Difference between Stop and Wait protocol and Sliding Window protocol
- Similarities and Difference between Java and C++
- Difference between Yaacomo and and XAP
- Difference between VoIP and and POTS
- Difference between ++*p, *p++ and *++p
- Difference Between DOS and Windows
- Difference between User Level thread and Kernel Level thread
- What’s difference between The Internet and The Web ?
- Difference between Priority Inversion and Priority Inheritance
- What’s difference between Linux and Android ?
- What’s difference between header files "stdio.h" and "stdlib.h" ?
- Difference between HTML and HTTP
- Difference between http:// and https://
- What's difference between MMU and MPU?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : anonymous007