CBSE Class 9 Social Science Revision Notes
CBSE Class 9 Social Science has 4 units – History (India and the Contemporary World- I), Geography (Contemporary India- I), Political Science (Democratic Politics- I), and Economics (Understanding Economic Development) with a focus on building a solid foundation in these subjects. Class 9 Social Science Notes provide a comprehensive overview of the major topics studied in the Social Science curriculum. The notes are designed to help students in their understand complex concepts. The notes are written in an easy-to-understand language and follow the latest CBSE curriculum and guidelines. The class 9 social science notes serve as effective study material for exams and can help students score better grades.
CBSE Class 9 Social Science Notes
CBSE Class 9 Social Science Notes provide a comprehensive overview of the major topics studied in the Social Science curriculum. The notes are designed to aid students in their understanding of complex concepts and aid in the retention of important information. The notes are written in an easy-to-understand language and follow the latest CBSE guidelines. They serve as effective study material for exams and can help students score better grades.
CBSE Class 9 Social Science Notes – Subject Wise
- CBSE Class 9 Social Science History Notes
- CBSE Class 9 Social Science Geography Notes
- CBSE Class 9 Social Science Political Science Notes
- CBSE Class 9 Social Science Economics Notes
CBSE Class 9 History Revision Notes (India and the Contemporary World- I)
Chapter 1: The French Revolution
- French Society During the Late Eighteenth Century
- Causes of the French Revolution
- The Outbreak of the Revolution
- France abolishes Monarchy and Becomes a Republic
- Did Women Have A Revolution?
- The Abolition of Slavery
- The Revolution and Everyday Life
- French Revolution
Chapter 2: Socialism in Europe and the Russian Revolution
- The Age of Social Change
- The Russian Revolution
- The February Revolution in Petrograd
- What Changed after October?
- The Global Influence of the Russian Revolution and the USSR
Chapter 3: Nazism and the Rise of Hitler
- Birth of the Weimar Republic
- Hitler’s Rise to Power
- The Nazi Worldview
- Youth in Nazi Germany
- Ordinary People and the Crimes Against Humanity
Chapter 4: Forest Society and Colonialism
- Why Deforestation?
- The Rise of Commercial Forestry
- Rebellion in the Forest
- Forest Transformations in Java
Chapter 5: Pastoralists in the Modern World
CBSE Class 9 Political Science Revision Notes (Democratic Politics- I)
Chapter 1: What is Democracy? Why Democracy?
Chapter 2: Constitutional Design
- Democratic Constitution in South Africa
- Why Do we Need a Constitution?
- Making of Indian Constitution
- Guiding Values of the Indian Constitution
- The Constituent Assembly
Chapter 3: Electoral Politics
- Why Elections?
- What is Our System of Elections?
- What Makes Elections in India Democratic?
- Challenges to Free and Fair Elections
Chapter 4: Working of Institutions
Chapter 5: Democratic Rights
- Life Without Rights
- Rights in Democracy
- Rights in the Indian Constitution
- Securing the Fundamental Rights
- Expanding Scope of Rights
CBSE Class 9 Geography Revision Notes (Contemporary India- I)
Chapter 1: India-Size and Location
Chapter 2: Physical Features of India
- Major Physiographic Divisions
- The Himalayan Mountains
- The Northern Plains
- The Peninsular Plateau
- The Indian Desert
- The Coastal Plains
- The Islands
Chapter 3: Drainage
- Drainage System in India
- The Himalayan Rivers
- The Peninsular Rivers
- Role of Rivers in the Economy
- River Pollution
Chapter 4: Climate
- Understanding the Climate of India and Related Factors
- Climate Controls
- Factors Determining Climate of India
- Seasons in India
- The Indian Monsoon
- Distribution of Rainfall in India
- Monsoon as a Unifying Bond
Chapter 5: Natural Vegetation and Wildlife
- Introduction to Natural Vegetation- Factors affecting and its types
- Tropical Evergreen Forests
- Tropical Deciduous Forests
- Tropical Thorn Forests and Scrubs
- Montane Forests
- Mangrove Forests
- Wild Life
- Conservation of Flora and Fauna
Chapter 6: Population
- Population Size and Distribution
- Population Growth and Processes of Population Change
- Characteristics or Qualities of the Population
- National Population Policy
CBSE Class 9 Economics Revision Notes (Understanding Economic Development)
Chapter 1: The Story of Village Palampur
- Overview of the Story of Palampur
- Organization of Production
- Farming in Palampur
- Non- Farm Activities of Palampur
Chapter 2: People As Resource
Chapter 3: Poverty as a Challenge
- Poverty Analysis by Social Scientists
- Estimation of Poverty and Poverty Line
- Vulnerable Groups
- Global Poverty Scenario
- Causes of Poverty
- Anti-Poverty Measures
- Challenges to Poverty Reduction
Chapter 4: Food Security in India
- Food Security
- Food Security in India
- What is Buffer Stock?
- Programmes For Food Security in India
- Public Distribution System
- Role of Cooperatives in Food Security
- National Food for Work Programme and Antyodaya Anna Yojana
CBSE Class 9 Social Science notes aim to help students develop a strong foundation in these subjects and provides opportunities for students to engage with the material through various assessments and activities. Ultimately, the goal of this notes is to prepare students for higher-level learning in the social sciences and to make them understand the changes to be able to make informed decisions and get good marks.
Frequently Asked Questions on CBSE Class 9 Social Science
Q1. How many chapters are there in Class 9 Social Science?
Answer: CBSE Class 9 Social Science has 4 units and there are 5-6 chapters in each unit. History (India and the Contemporary World- I), Geography (Contemporary India- I), Political Science (Democratic Politics- I), and Economics (Understanding Economic Development).
Q2. How to learn Class 9 Social Science?
Answer: CBSE Class 9 Social Science Notes will provide you with all the help needed for you to learn class 9 social science. The notes are written in an easy-to-understand language, and they serve as effective study material for exams and help students score better grades.
Q3. What is class 9 history about?
Answer: Class 9 History is about India and the Contemporary World- I, it is about how the world became what it is today, and how India is a part of the story. It is about the events that happened in India that are connected to what was happening in the rest of the world.
Q5. How many subjects are there in social science class 9?
Answer: There are three subjects History, Geography, Civics as Political Science.
Please Login to comment...