Interstitial ads are full-screen ads that cover the whole UI of the app. This article shows you how to integrate Interstitial ads from AdMob into an Android app.
First Create a new Project in Android Studio and add the following codes to import the google Mobile Ads SDK. In the project-level build.gradle file, add the highlighted code to the allprojects section.
In the app-level build.gradle file, add the highlighted code to dependencies section.
Add the following code to Main Activity to initialize Mobile Ads SDK (this only needs to be done once in app lifecycle). You can find the the app’s App ID in AdMob console.
Add the highlighted code to Main Activity to show Interstitial Ad:
Add the Admob App Id and Interstitial Ad Id to string.xml
- Android | AdMob Banner Ads for Android Studio
- Toasts for Android Studio
- Guide to Install and Set up Android Studio
- Android | Android Application File Structure
- Android | How to Request permissions in Android Application?
- Android | How to add Radio Buttons in an Android Application?
- Android | Starting with first app/android project
- Android | Running your first Android app
- How to use WebView in Android
- Android | RecyclerView
- How to use CheckBox in Android
- Android | 8.0 Oreo
- Android | App to Add Two Numbers
- Android | What is Toast and How to use it with Examples
- Android | Creating a SeekBar
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.