Given a string consisting of integers 0 to 9. The task is to count the number of substrings which when convert into integer are divisible by 6. Substring does not contain leading zeroes.
Input : s = "606". Output : 5 Substrings "6", "0", "6", "60", "606" are divisible by 6. Input : s = "4806". Output : 5 "0", "6", "48", "480", "4806" are substring which are divisible by 6.
Method 2:(Dynamic Programming) As discussed in Check if a large number is divisible by 6 or not. A number is divisible by 6 if last digit is divisible by 2 and sum of digits is divisible by 3.
The idea is to use Dynamic Programming, which enables us to compute answer quickly and efficiently by tracking previously computed answers and using these stored answer instead of recomputing values.
Let f(i, m) be the number of strings starting at index i and sum of their digits modulo 3 (so far) is m and number it represents is even. So, our answer would be
Let x be the ith digit in the string. From f(i, m) we need to find all the even substrings that start in i + 1.
Also, we will get an extra substring if (x + m) itself is divisible by 3 and x is even. So, we get recurrence relation
// We initially pass m (sum modulo 3 so far) as 0 f(i, m) = ((x + m)%3 == 0 and x%2 == 0) + f(i + 1, (m + x)%3) // Recursive
By memorizing the states, we get O(n) solution.
Below is implementation of this approach:
Time Complexity: O(n).
This article is contributed by Anuj Chauhan. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Number of substrings divisible by 4 in a string of integers
- Number of substrings divisible by 8 but not by 3
- Find number of substrings of length k whose sum of ASCII value of characters is divisible by k
- Number of integers in a range [L, R] which are divisible by exactly K of it's digits
- Number of substrings of a string
- Sum of all substrings of a string representing a number | Set 1
- Number of substrings of one string present in other
- Number of even substrings in a string of digits
- Number of substrings with odd decimal value in a binary string
- Given a binary string, count number of substrings that start and end with 1.
- Count number of substrings of a string consisting of same characters
- Rearrange the string to maximize the number of palindromic substrings
- Repeat substrings of the given String required number of times
- Split the binary string into substrings with equal number of 0s and 1s
- Count the number of vowels occurring in all the substrings of given string