Difference between Project Management and Contract Management
1. Project Management :
Project Management, as name suggests, is a management that mainly focuses on management of project and ensure successful development of project to achieve desired goal of organization.
2. Contract Management :
Contract Management, as name suggests, is a management that mainly focuses on management of contract between two or many parties and to ensure that all parties meet their respective objectives more effectively and efficiently.
Difference between Project Management and Contract Management :
|It mainly focuses on management of particular project till it gets completed successfully.
||It mainly focuses on management of contract between two companies, parties, or organizations.
|Its main goal is to achieve desired project goal on time and within budget.
||Its main goal is to achieve mutual satisfaction among parties or organizations or companies whose objectives are not same but are closely linked.
|Project usually involves many parties from one business entity but mostly involves various related or unrelated entities. Here, business entity simply means organization/corporation/partnership/firm created to perform functions of business.
||Contract usually binds two different business entities but if there are more than two entities then there are separate sub-contracts.
|It involves various processes such as planning, organizing, and managing efforts and tasks that are made and performed to complete a project successfully.
||It involves various processes such as managing contracts, deliverables, guidelines, deadlines, execution, analysis
|It mainly focuses on project constraints i.e. scope, time, budget, quality as per contract.
||It mainly focuses on economic of project and manage claims and dispute against contract.
|Its key objective is to predict problems or dangers as many as possible so that such problems can be removed on time and project can be completed in spite of all problems.
||Its key objective is to create value for organization.
|Various project management software’s are Basecamp, Trello, Asana, Nifty, etc.
||Various contract management software’s are PandaDoc, Concord, Corridor, SAP Ariba, etc.
Project management and contract management are two distinct areas of expertise that are essential for the success of any business or organization. While there is some overlap between the two, they have different focuses and objectives.
- Project management is the process of planning, organizing, and controlling resources to achieve specific project goals. It involves coordinating the activities of a team to complete a project on time, within budget, and to the desired level of quality. Project management includes tasks such as defining project scope, creating a project plan, managing resources, tracking project progress, and delivering project results.
- On the other hand, contract management is the process of managing the various contracts and agreements between a business or organization and its suppliers, vendors, customers, or partners. Contract management involves tasks such as negotiating contracts, managing contract compliance, monitoring contract performance, and resolving disputes that may arise during the contract period.
- While project management focuses on managing the specific activities and tasks required to complete a project successfully, contract management focuses on managing the legal and financial aspects of the contractual agreements between parties. Project managers are responsible for managing the project team, while contract managers are responsible for managing the contractual relationships between parties.
In summary, project management and contract management are two essential areas of expertise that are necessary for the success of any business or organization. While they have some similarities, they have different focuses and objectives. Project management is concerned with managing the activities required to complete a project successfully, while contract management is concerned with managing the legal and financial aspects of contractual agreements between parties.
Master Software Testing and Automation in an efficient and time-bound manner by mentors with real-time industry experience. Join our Software Automation Course
and embark on an exciting journey, mastering the skill set with ease!
What We Offer:
- Comprehensive Software Automation program
- Expert Guidance for Efficient Learning
- Hands-on Experience with Real-world Projects
- Proven Track Record with 10,000+ Successful Geeks