Difference between Project Management and Operation Management
1. Project Management : Project Management, as name suggests, is simply management and control of project activities i.e. product innovative and new products, services. 2. Operation Management : Operation Management, as name suggests, is simple management and control of operations and functions i.e. managing, running, and controlling all operations of organization.
Difference between Project Management and Operation Management :
|It mainly focuses on management and control of project.
||It mainly focuses on management and control of operations.
|Project management team have to perform activities like managing projects, streamline works, cost management, etc.
||Operation management team have to perform activities like producing products and provide services.
|It is a unique task but temporary.
||It is a unique task but permanent as it is an on-going process.
|Project managers have responsibility of managing starting and closing of project, monitoring different phases of development, etc.
||Operations managers have responsibility of delivering services or products for customers in more efficient way.
|Focus of project managers changes according to each project requirements and desired results are also unique.
||Focus of operations manager does not change, their main focus is to run business operations efficiently and in productive manner.
|Project management is quite easy than operation management as responsibilities are less in project management.
||Operation management is quite difficult one as responsibilities are more in project management.
|Project manager is also responsible for planning, initiating, executing and closing project.
||Operation manager is also responsible for making sure that business is running smoothly without any problem to meet goal.
|Project management brings change in organization by bringing new products, meet customer demands.
||Operation management deliver same product but with new improvements and features as they continuously improve process.
Project management and operations management are two different areas of expertise that are essential for the success of any business or organization. While there is some overlap between the two, they have different focuses and objectives.
- Project management is the process of planning, organizing, and controlling resources to achieve specific project goals. It involves coordinating the activities of a team to complete a project on time, within budget, and to the desired level of quality. Project management includes tasks such as defining project scope, creating a project plan, managing resources, tracking project progress, and delivering project results.
- Operations management, on the other hand, is concerned with managing the day-to-day activities of an organization that produce and deliver its goods or services. It involves managing the processes, people, and technology that are used to create products or services and deliver them to customers. Operations management includes tasks such as managing inventory, scheduling production, managing quality control, and managing logistics.
- While project management focuses on managing the activities required to complete a specific project successfully, operations management focuses on managing the ongoing operations of an organization. Project managers are responsible for managing the project team, while operations managers are responsible for managing the ongoing processes and activities of the organization.
In summary, project management and operations management are two essential areas of expertise that are necessary for the success of any business or organization. While they have some similarities, they have different focuses and objectives. Project management is concerned with managing the activities required to complete a specific project successfully, while operations management is concerned with managing the ongoing processes and activities of the organization.
Master Software Testing and Automation in an efficient and time-bound manner by mentors with real-time industry experience. Join our Software Automation Course
and embark on an exciting journey, mastering the skill set with ease!
What We Offer:
- Comprehensive Software Automation program
- Expert Guidance for Efficient Learning
- Hands-on Experience with Real-world Projects
- Proven Track Record with 10,000+ Successful Geeks