The border-image property in CSS is used to set the border of an element.
border-image: source slice width outset repeat|initial|inherit;
The border-image property is the combination of many properties which are listed below:
- border-image-source: This property is used to set the source location of border image.
border-image-source: url(image source location);
- border-image-slice: The border-image-slice property is used to divide or slice an image specified by border-image-source property.
The border-slice property divides a given image into:
- 9 regions
- 4 corners
- 4 edges
- A middle region
- border-image-width: The border-image-width property is used to set the width of the border.
- border-image-outset: The border-image-outset property sets the distance by which an element border image is set out from its border box.
- border-image-repeat: The border-image-repeat property defines how the edge regions of the source image are adjusted to fit the dimensions of an element border image.
- initial: It is used to set border-image property to its default value.
- inherit: It is used to set border-image property from its parent.
Supported Browsers: The browser supported by border-image property are listed below:
- Google Chrome 16.0, 4.0 -webkit-
- Internet Explorer 11.0
- Firefox 15.0, 3.5 -moz-
- Opera 15.0, 11.0 -o-
- Safari 6.0, 3.1 -webkit-
- HTML | DOM Style borderImage Property
- PHP | Imagick borderImage() Function
- PHP | Gmagick borderImage() Function
- CSS | transition-property Property
- How to override the CSS properties of a class using another CSS class ?
- Difference between bootstrap.css and bootstrap-theme.css
- CSS | table-layout Property
- CSS | text-align Property
- CSS | border-top-width Property
- CSS | isolation Property
- CSS | border-inline-start-style Property
- CSS | column-rule-width Property
- CSS | word-spacing Property
- CSS | animation-delay Property
- CSS | margin-top Property
- CSS | border radius property
- CSS | grid Property
- CSS | font-size-adjust Property
- CSS | visibility Property
- CSS | Display property
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.