Adobe On-Campus Internship Interview Experience for the role of 2020 Product-Dev Intern:
1st Round: Online Round hosted on Hackerrank, 90 mins, no negative-marking.There were a total of.
- 13 MCQs for 17 marks based on Matrices, Probability, Eigen Values, etc Quantitative topics.
- An array is given who’s elements represent how many people an umbrella can cover, and a certain number of people is provided; find the minimum number of umbrellas required to exactly cover the given people, else return -1
- 1 pseudocode-writing question (print a matrix in spiral order) for 3 marks
- 250-word creative-essay question on IoT and related possible future-technologies.
They had mentioned that the score for the coding question would be based on the number of test cases passed. Out of around 90+ students, 7 were shortlisted for the interview round.
2nd Round: This round was Skype/Telephonic Interview. (Mine was on Skype). My interviewer was very polite and friendly. He first asked me to introduce myself informally. He then asked me what my favorite subject is, what kinds of companies I am interested in working for, what upcoming areas in Applied Computer Science I am interested in, and which companies and their products make use of these techniques.
He had my resume in hand and asked me to discuss my project which was in C++ and based on optical networks. 25 minutes were spent and I explained it in detail. He asked many questions regarding the objectives and implementation. I mentioned to him that we haven’t studied the subject Networks yet when he asked a specific question on it. He said he was impressed with the clarity of my description.
Next, I shared my screen and had to write the code.
- Find the triplets in an array that satisfy the Pythagorean theorem within 10 minutes.
I wrote both the naive and optimized versions and explained the approaches. He was happy as they passed the test cases he had in mind without requiring changes.
After that he asked me a puzzle:
- You are given 10 boxes with 10 balls in each, and each ball weighs 10 gms, but only one of these boxes contains balls that all weigh 9 gms. With only 1 use of a beam-balance, how do you find the odd box?
I answered this too. He then asked where I see myself 10 years down the line, and what my hobbies are. He mentioned again that he liked my project.
This interview lasted one hour. The next night, the results were out, and I was 1 of the 3 candidates selected for the 2020 Summer Internship.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon and Microsoft Test Serieses.