Adobe Internship Interview Experience 2020
Adobe recently visited our campus for recruiting interns for Summer Internship 2020. There were two roles: Product Development intern and Media and Data Science Research Intern.
Round 1(Online Coding and MCQ): We were given a set of 17 MCQs covering topics like Linear Algebra, Probability, Basic C and C++, Time Complexities, Operating Systems and Aptitude.
- 1 Coding question: An array is given who’s elements represent no. of people an umbrella can cover, and a certain number of people is provided; find the minimum number of umbrellas required to exactly cover the given people, else return -1. There were 12 test cases. I used DP based approach which cleared all of them.
- A similar problem can be found here.
- 1 Pseudo Code: We were asked to write pseudo code for spirally traversing a matrix. Problem can be found here.
- We were to write an essay on IoT which would consists of 250-500 words.
- I’d suggest to read up about IoT on the internet because this question was asked in multiple interviews across colleges.
15 people were shortlisted to next round.
Round 2(Telephonic Interview): A telephonic interview was conducted a week later.
- First off, the interviewer asked me to introduce myself and then he proceeded to ask which Programming Languages I was comfortable with. The interviewer was friendly and was ready to give suggestions whenever I got stuck. We discussed a project on my resume which was based on Intelligent bot. He posed a few tricky situations and asked me how my project would be able to deal with them.
- Later, He asked me which data structures I knew and started a discussion on stacks. Basic operations of stack were asked and a fairly simple coding question was asked. Given an array of 0s and 1s, I had to tell the number which occurs most no. of times in the array with using only a single stack and no other variable. I quickly told him my approach and proceeded to ask about queues. He asked about few real world applications of Stack.
- Then we had a small discussion on queues. He asked me where queues are used in OS. I told him about Process Scheduling. He asked my Process Scheduling was necessary and what are few Scheduling algorithms. He asked what was the best scheduling algorithm among them.
- Then he had given me a question which goes like “There is a 200 GB file which consists of only names. How would you store all the unique names in a separate file. The constraint on ram was 3GB and you could use any software as you please.” Basic OS, DB knowledge would suffice to answer this question.
My Personal Notes arrow_drop_up
Please Login to comment...