Have you ever wished to automatically wish your friends on their birthdays, or send a set of messages to your friend ( or any Whastapp contact! ) automatically at a pre-set time, or send your friends by sending thousands of random text on whatsapp! Using Browser Automation you can do all of it and much more!
First you must install these:-
1) Python Bindings for Selenium ( Browser Automation software )
pip install selenium
2) Chrome webdriver
Download Chrome driver from here: Chromedriver download page( choose your specific version )
Extract it in a known location , as we need the location later
If you get stuck somewhere, Refer To the documentation: Documentation link
3) Chromium Web Browser( Open source version of chrome browser )
sudo apt-get install chromium-browser
That’s it! You are all set.
Lets dive in right away-
Then Run the script ( make sure that you have added the absolute path for chromedriver and have replaced target variable with your friends name ). Scan the QR code that appears on the screen and enjoy the power of python!
Please use this script only for educational purposes, i am not responsible if your friends ( or even Whatsapp ) block you.
Feel free to modify the code. Try to :
- Text Multiple Groups at once
- Send the messages from a predefined list of messages randomly or
- Send complete random text.
Comment below about your experience!
When it comes to browser automation, this is just the tip of the iceberg. Will write more articles on browser automation to give you a glimpse of its power!
Related Post :
Browser Automation Using Selenium
This article is contributed by Saket Modi. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Convert Text to Speech in Python
- Simple Chat Room using Python
- Browser Automation Using Selenium
- Send mail from your Gmail account using Python
- Twitter Sentiment Analysis using Python
- Working with Images in Python
- Data analysis and Visualization with Python
- Downloading files from web using Python
- Opencv Python program for Face Detection
- Implementing Web Scraping in Python with BeautifulSoup
- Implementing Artificial Neural Network training process in Python
- Create a Website Alarm Using Python
- Simple Multithreaded Download Manager in Python
- Send message to FB friend using Python
- Python Language Introduction