Databases offer numerous functionalities by which one can manage large amounts of information easily over the web, and high-volume data input and output over a typical file such as a text file. SQL is a query language and is very popular in databases. Many websites use MySQL. SQLite is a “light” version that works over syntax very much similar to SQL.
SQLite is a self-contained, high-reliability, embedded, full-featured, public-domain, SQL database engine. It is the most used database engine in the world wide web.
Python has a library to access SQLite databases, called sqlite3, intended for working with this database which has been included with Python package since version 2.5.
In this article we will discuss, how to query database using commands like Update and Delete and also to visualize data via graphs.
It is recommended to go through SQL using Python | Set 1
Updation and Deletion Operation
Total number of rows updated : 1 (u'B113053', u'Geek', u'2017-01-11 13:53:39', 21.0), (u'B113058', u'Saan', u'2017-01-11 13:53:39', 21.0), (u'B113059', u'Sam', u'2017-01-11 13:53:39', 22.0)
Total number of rows deleted : 1 (u'B113053', u'Geek', u'2017-01-11 13:53:39', 21.0), (u'B113059', u'Sam', u'2017-01-11 13:53:39', 22.0)
Data input by User
(u'Navin', 34, 113053) (u'Basu', 42, 113058) (u'Firoz', 65, 113059) (u'Tim', 47, 113060) (u'Varun', 54, 113061)
Graphing with SQLite
In this way we can perform such operations using SQL query to communicate with Database and plot a Graph significantly to draw out its characteristic.
- Introduction to SQLite in Python
- SQL using C/C++ and SQLite
- Introduction to SQLite
- Python - Read blob object in python using wand library
- MySQL-Connector-Python module in Python
- twitter-text-python (ttp) module - Python
- Python | Convert list to Python array
- Python | PRAW - Python Reddit API Wrapper
- Python | Index of Non-Zero elements in Python list
- Reading Python File-Like Objects from C | Python
- Important differences between Python 2.x and Python 3.x with examples
- Python | Merge Python key values to list
- Python | Add Logging to a Python Script
- Python | Set 4 (Dictionary, Keywords in Python)
- Python | Sort Python Dictionaries by Key or Value
- Python | Add Logging to Python Libraries
- Python | Visualizing O(n) using Python
- set add() in python
- SHA in Python
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.