Round 1: Online Round on Hirepro
There were 40 questions and 4 sections:
- Section 1: 10 questions from Aptitude(time & work, numbers etc https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/placements-gq/ )to be solved in 15mins
- Section 2: 19 questions from core Computer Science (Networking (35%), Operating System(10%), DataStructures and Algorithms(25%), rest of questions were from dbms, Computer Organisation) to be solved in 30 mins
- Section 3: 1 Coding Question (Easy-Moderate level) time limit was 30mins https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/must-do-coding-questions-for-companies-like-amazon-microsoft-adobe/
- Section 4: 10 Questions from language section, we had to select two languages from a pool of four languages( Java, C, C++, python3.6) I chose Java and C. I practiced language questions from the language section of gfg. Total 20mins were given for this section.
Out of 170 students 32 of them were shortlisted for the interview.
Round 2: Technical interview (Time: 1hr 10mins)
Questions were asked from DataStructure, Algorithms and Mathematics.
find all the prime numbers which are less than a given number N.
Why do we check up to the square root of a prime number to determine if it is prime or not?
find a number that has exactly 3 divisors.
find the number of rectangles on a chess board.
Explain the Binary knap-sack problem.
Why the manhole is circular in shape?
Given an array of numbers separate even numbers and odd numbers (in time complexity – O(N) and space O(1))
Which is greater 25% of 5 or 5% of 25?
Around 20 people got shortlisted for the next round.
Round 3: Managerial Round (Time: 1hr)
The interviewer asked me to consider him as old granny and explain him all my previous projects and internships from scratch.
I started explaining him about my 2 internships and 7 projects, he was quite impressed by my projects as they were all based on domains like IOT, machine learning, Augmented Reality and Blockchain.
He told me to write down the flow of each project on a paper and mark the work done by me on that particular project.
After this round 15 people were selected for next round.
Round 4: Technical interview2 (Time: 30-40mins)
I was told to wait but others gave this round
Questions were asked from core subjects like
operating system- different scheduling algos, IPC etc
networking- SSL protocol, routing techniques, about tcp udp, OSI and TCP/IP, question related to arp, dhcp, dns etc
dbms- queries like find 2nd largest salary from table, ACID properties etc
6 people got selected for HR round.
Round 5: HR round (Time: 5-10mins)
After waiting for 6 hours they called me for a HR round
Questions asked were:
What kind of person you are?
Tell me about your family background.
What are your previous offers?
Atlast 5 people(including me) were selected for FTE+internship and 1 got internship at vm-ware.
Practicing previous interview questions from GFG helped me!
Tip: While giving the interview you should always wear a smile and try to make the interview as interactive as possible.
Best of Luck!
- VMWare Interview Experience | Set 3
- VMware Interview Experience | Set 12 (On-Campus)
- VMWare Interview Experience | Set 2 (On-Campus)
- VMware Interview Experience | Set 11 (On-Campus)
- VMware Interview Experience | Set 4 (On-Campus)
- Vmware Interview Experience | Set 9 (Internship (R&D))
- VMWare Interview Experience | Set 13 (Staff Engineer - UI)
- VMWare interview experience for App. Dev/MTS (On-campus Aug. 2018)
- VMware Interview Experience | Set 10 (On-Campus for Internship)
- VMware Interview Experience | Set 8 (On-Campus for MTS - Propel Program)
- VMware Interview Experience | Set 6 (On-Campus for IT Application Developer)
- VMware Interview Experience | Set 5 (On-Campus for IT Application Developer)
- VMware Interview Experience | Set 7 (On-Campus for IT Application Developer)
- VMware Interview Experience | Set3 (On-Campus for Full Time and Internship Offers)
- VMWare Interview | Set 1 (MTS-2)
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.