Recently, VMWare has visited our campus for hiring interns and they have put a CGPA cut off of 7/10. There were 2 rounds in total. An objective round initially which is then followed by a skype interview round.
Round 1 : Online objective round
This round was quite similar to the Set-3 VMWare Experience wherein we had 42 objective questions to be solved in 65min with no negative marking. There were 3 sections in total.
First section was Logical and Aptitude and there were 15 questions in total.
Difficulty : High (There was also a time limit of 15min to solve these 15 questions)
Second section was Technical which included 20 questions on Networking (High level questions on SSH, TelNet, TCP/IP etc)& OS concepts
(like Memory management and Scheduling algorithms )
Difficulty : High (There was a time limit of 35min to solve these 20 questions)
For third section, I was asked to choose between C++/JAVA and there were 7 output based questions
Difficulty : Medium (There was a time limit of 15min for these 7 questions)
These were mainly based on concepts of OOPS like polymorphism, Inheritance.
Round 2 : Skype Interview(Technical)
This was a bit easier. The interviewer has asked me to code some basic questions like :
1) Mirror tree
2) Validity of BST
3) Height of a tree
4) Cycle in a linked list
5) Middle node in a linked list in one traversal (Use 2 pointers)
6) kth largest element in an array
Networking and OS :
Demand paging, Interpreter vs Compiler, Virtual memory s Real Memory, DHCP vs Static IP.
Puzzle : 2 eggs, 100 floor puzzle
Then we had a discussion on my previous interns and my projects. He seemed to be highly focused on my Data Mining and Machine Learning projects as he asked me to dive deep into them.
A big thank you to GeeksforGeeks for providing such invaluable material for preparation.
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article and mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Related Practice Problems
- UHG Interview Experience | OnCampus- 2019
- MathWorks Interview Experience (EDG, Oncampus)
- ServiceNow Interview Experience Oncampus
- VMWare Interview Experience | Set 3
- VMware Interview Experience | Set 12 (On-Campus)
- VMWare Interview Experience | Set 2 (On-Campus)
- Vmware Interview Experience | Set 9 (Internship (R&D))
- VMware Interview Experience | Set 11 (On-Campus)
- VMware Interview Experience | Internship(R & D)
- VMWare Interview Experience | Set 13 (Staff Engineer - UI)
- VMware Interview Experience | Set 13 (On-Campus): Rnd_developer
- VMware Interview Experience 2019-20 | On-Campus
- VMware Interview Experience | Set 10 (On-Campus for Internship)
- VMWare interview experience for App. Dev/MTS (On-campus Aug. 2018)
- VMware Interview Experience | Set 5 (On-Campus for IT Application Developer)