Round 1 (Online Test):
An online test was conducted on Hackerrank that consisted of 2 easy-level coding questions. The test duration was of 90 minutes. Everyone had different questions.
Questions I got were:-
Both the questions required an optimized solution to pass all the test cases.
5 students were shortlisted for the interview round.
Round 2 (Interview):
For internship, VISA conducted only one interview round. The duration was of 45-60 minutes. This round was conducted on Microsoft Teams. I expected the interview to be entirely technical, but my interviewer asked me mostly behavioral and hr questions.
- Introduce yourself.
- As I had mentioned sports in my resume, the interviewer asked me Being a team player, are you an introvert or an extrovert?
- Do you have any plans for higher studies? I said yes (2-3 years after graduation). He then asked me in what field I want to pursue my higher education? He was interested in knowing my inclination, my interests, so he again asked me the same question differently.
- What did you think while applying to VISA?
- What do you prefer working individually or in a team?
- What is success to you?
- Situational Questions-
- Have you faced a stressful situation in your life and how did you handle it?
- How do you handle people who don’t agree with you or have different opinions than you?
- Then he asked me to explain the logic and then write code for printing the given pattern (Hackerrank code-pair link was provided).
Given an integer n (say n=5) print the following pattern- 1 121 12321 1234321 123454321
- Why do you want to do this internship?
- Then he asked me to explain my latest project. What difficulties were faced while working on it? What was the fun part while doing this project?
- Lastly, he asked me if I have any questions.
On the same day, results were declared and 2 students were selected for the internship.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon and Microsoft Test Serieses.