Some interesting facts about computer networking are:
- Internet was invented by ARPANET in 1983.
- Internet is controlled by 75 million servers.
- Backbone of internet is made by 550, 000 miles of underwater cable.
- About one billion computer systems are connected to internet.
- About 3.2 billion people use the internet from which 1.7 billion internet users are Asians.
- Internet consists of five billion computing devices such as computers, phones, modems, switches, routers etc.
- According to Google, Internet consists of 5 million Terabytes of data.
- If the internet goes down for a day, approximately 200 billion emails and 3 billion Google search would have to wait.
- Approximately 204 million emails per minute are send over Internet. 70% of them are spam.
- 269 billion emails are sent per day.
- 30, 000 websites are hacked every day.
- 50 million horsepower is required by the internet to keep running in the current state.
- Approximately 9 million adults in Britain and 1/3rd of italians have never used the internet while China has treatment camps for internet addicts.
- Microsoft has more servers than Google. Microsoft owns over one million servers while Google has 900, 000.
- Internet bots and malware generate 61.5% or nearly two-thirds of all the website traffic.
- Approximately 1.7 trillion euro dollar worth of funds is spent online.
- Tim Berners-Lee was knighted by Queen Elizabeth.
- An email takes around 2 billion electrons to produce.
- Online dating generates approximately $1 billion dollars every year.
- Qwerty was designed to slow you down so that the keys would not jam, while using a TypeWriter, for which the layout was originally made for.
- Py-Facts - 10 interesting facts about Python
- Let's experiment with Networking
- Basics of Computer Networking
- Software defined Networking
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Computer Networking
- Introduction to basic Networking terminology
- Interesting Facts about C++
- Interesting Facts About PHP
- Interesting Facts about C#
- Interesting Facts About CSS
- Interesting Facts in C Programming | Set 2
- Interesting Facts About Java
- Interesting Facts about Linux
- Interesting Facts about Ubuntu
- Interesting Facts in C Programming
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.