Web Design is a field related to designing websites on the Internet. Without a good design, a website fails to perform well and cannot produce a good impact on the user. Design is a creative process that affects the ranking of the brand. A good website design helps to create an engaging online presence that captivates the audience.
What is Web Design?
Before beginning to design a website a user has to be clear about what web designing is. It is the art of making websites look and feel good to the user and providing easy access to the website features to the client. It focuses on improving the user experience rather than development.
Why Learn Web Design?
Each distinct day gives you an opportunity to learn, progress, and do the things that push you toward your goals or that make you satisfied at the end of the day. Web Design helps to make your web pages stand out in terms of design and user experience. It integrates technical and creative skills, by which you can build and maintain web pages very easily.
Getting Started with Web Designing Tutorial
Presented below are the important topics that come under the domain of Web Design. After completing all the important topics, you’ll have a basic understanding of the art of Web design:
Web Designing Fundamentals
Web Designing Advance
Web Design Differences
Roles and Responsibility
Types of Design
History of Web Design
- The history of web design began with the introduction of tables in websites to make the complex-looking structure simpler in the mid-1990s.
- Afterward, CSS was introduced in the late 1990s which separated the presentation part of the website from its structure and made websites more maintainable.
- In the early 2000s web standards were defined which helped in making websites look better and SEO friendly.
- Since the 2010s responsive web designs have been promoted so that websites can become accessible on various screens.
- In mid 2010s animations in websites became a trend that enhanced User Experience and engagement.
- In modern days website design a mobile-first approach is being preferred and various other user-centered designs like dark mode, and 3D elements are being added.
Elements of Web Design
While designing websites, one has to keep in mind both the appearance and functionality of websites. There are basically two elements of web design i.e., visual elements and functional elements.
1. Visual Elements:
Visual elements simply mean an aspect or representation of something that we see. Types of visual elements include:
- Images and Icons
2. Functional Elements:
Functional elements simply mean the aspect or representation of functionalities of websites. It simply represents what the website can do and how it works. Types of functional elements include
- User Interaction
Importance of Web Design:
- Helps in setting a good first impression.
- Improves the SEO(Search Engine Optimization) of the website.
- Helps in building trust with the clients/users.
- Makes the navigation of the website easier.
Types of web design
- Static Website: This type of design is used when little or no interaction is required from the user.
- Dynamic Website: When user interaction is required and information is to be displayed according to the request then a dynamic design pattern is followed
- E-commerce Website: This type of website design is required when a business wants to sell their products to the consumer
Role of Web Designers
A web designer is a person who makes the website look good. They mainly refer to the splendiferous portion of the website as well as its usability. The main responsibility of Web Designers is to focus on the style and overall feel of the website using different software like Photoshop, Corel Draw, etc to make the website more attractive.
Q1. What is the difference between Web Design and Web Development?
Ans: Web Design mainly focuses on the look and feel of the website which includes color scheme, graphic design and creating SEO friendly websites whereas Web Development is the art of converting the design into code and implementing the functonalities of the website.
Q2. How important is Web Design?
Ans: Web Design is important to set a good first impression on the user and make the website look appealing to the audience. It helps in growth of the business and make the website SEO friendly. It helps the website to compete with its competitors and makes the website consistent.
Q3. How important is responsive web design?
Ans: A responsive website is faster and more accesible to the users. It makes navigation faster as the website could be easily accessed even on small screens. A resposive web deisgn is useful for setting breakpoints and increasing page speed. These days a moile-first approach is being preferred to make responsive website designs
Q4. What does SEO mean in Web Designing?
Ans: It is the process of optimizing the website to make it rank better on search engines. A good website design ensures that the web application follows all the SEO principles. It helps in greatly increasing the website traffic.
Whether you're preparing for your first job interview or aiming to upskill in this ever-evolving tech landscape, GeeksforGeeks Courses
are your key to success. We provide top-quality content at affordable prices, all geared towards accelerating your growth in a time-bound manner. Join the millions we've already empowered, and we're here to do the same for you. Don't miss out - check it out now!