TCS Digital Interview Experience 2020
Round 1: TCS conducted an aptitude and verbal reasoning test on 3rd Oct 2020. The next day on 4th Oct, a coding round was conducted. 2 coding questions were asked. Each question involved public and private test cases.
- The first question was very simple and just involved the application of if-else.
- The second question was a little tricky and was related to pattern printing.
I solved the first question completely and public test cases of the second question. Scorecard was made on the basis of performance in both the test. After this, I got a mail from TCS on 15th Oct for a final interview. My interview was scheduled for 16th Oct at 11 am.
Round 2: First I was asked to show my gov id proof, and then he asked whether I have any current backlogs or not.
It was a panel of three members.
- Tell us something about yourself?
- Explain your best project.
I explained my COVID-19 tracker project which I made using beautiful soup, Django, and react. I always make a video representation of my project. So I showed him that video via screen sharing.
- What technologies do you know?
Django (python web framework), Django Rest Framework, React, Vue, BeautifulSoup (python library for web scrapping), Tkinter
- How will you integrate sessions in Django? Answered.
- What is token authentication? Answered.
- What are migrations and tell commands to migrate your database? Answered.
- How does a client-server architecture work? Answered.
- How will you split a page into three equal-sized partitions in React? Answered but he was not satisfied
- What programming languages do you know? Answered Python and C++.
- What is pickling in python? I don’t know
- What is the difference between call by value and call by reference? Answered.
- What is the command to check proxy in windows? I don’t know.
- How does the lambda function work in python? Answered.
- Can you execute a program without the main function? Answered.
- What is the standard template library? Answered.
- What is merged in joins? Answered.
- Who is the father of Computer Science? Answered.
- What is spooling? Answered.
- Why is the batch operating system better than mainframes? Answered.
- When was the first supercomputer developed? I made a guess but it was wrong.
- Explain various types of relationships in the database. Answered.
- What are scheduling algorithms? Answered.
- What are private classes and friend classes? Answered.
- Explain a situation where we must use private classes. I gave an answer but it was wrong.
- What is the difference between tuples and lists in python? Answered.
- What are storage classes in c? Answered.
- Why did you choose to learn the web instead of ML?
- Which has a brighter future web or mobile development and why?
- What is the command to open a file in Ubuntu? I don’t know Ubuntu
- Who is your role model? Swami Vivekananda and Nikola Tesla.
- What is the birthplace of Swami Vivekananda and which is the most famous monument named after Swami Vivekananda? Answered.
- What do you think about the controversy between Tesla and Edison?
- If you are offered to work in a team or as an individual, what will you choose and why? Team.
- But what if you will be given a promotion in 2 years if you work as an individual and a promotion in 4 years if you work in a team?
- Why do you want to join TCS?
- What is the best thing about TCS?
- What will you choose an 11 lakh pkg in Google or a 9 lakh pkg in TCS?
- What will you do if you are in a situation where you have to deliver work to the client but 2 of your teammates are having some emergency situation and 3rd member is having some personal problems?
- What is the difference between pandemic and epidemic?
- What is Demoralization?
- What is the difference between deep copy and shallow copy?
- Please send your college mark sheet, pan card, resume, 10th, and 12th mark sheet on the email id I have shared in the chatbox.
- Note: No coding question was asked
Tips: Master at least one programming language and always be confident with your answer.
Share your thoughts in the comments
Please Login to comment...