Round 1: TCS conducted an aptitude and verbal reasoning test on 3rd Oct 2020. The next day on 4th Oct, a coding round was conducted. 2 coding questions were asked. Each question involved public and private test cases.
- The first question was very simple and just involved the application of if-else.
- The second question was a little tricky and was related to pattern printing.
I solved the first question completely and public test cases of the second question. Scorecard was made on the basis of performance in both the test. After this, I got a mail from TCS on 15th Oct for a final interview. My interview was scheduled for 16th Oct at 11 am.
Round 2: First I was asked to show my gov id proof, and then he asked whether I have any current backlogs or not.
It was a panel of three members.
- Tell us something about yourself?
- Explain your best project.
I explained my COVID-19 tracker project which I made using beautiful soup, Django, and react. I always make a video representation of my project. So I showed him that video via screen sharing.
- What technologies do you know?
- How will you integrate sessions in Django? Answered.
- What is token authentication? Answered.
- What are migrations and tell commands to migrate your database? Answered.
- How does a client-server architecture work? Answered.
- How will you split a page into three equal-sized partitions in React? Answered but he was not satisfied
- What programming languages do you know? Answered Python and C++.
- What is pickling in python? I don’t know
- What is the difference between call by value and call by reference? Answered.
- What is the command to check proxy in windows? I don’t know.
- How does the lambda function work in python? Answered.
- Can you execute a program without the main function? Answered.
- What is the standard template library? Answered.
- What is merged in joins? Answered.
- Who is the father of Computer Science? Answered.
- What is spooling? Answered.
- Why is the batch operating system better than mainframes? Answered.
- When was the first supercomputer developed? I made a guess but it was wrong.
- Explain various types of relationships in the database. Answered.
- What are scheduling algorithms? Answered.
- What are private classes and friend classes? Answered.
- Explain a situation where we must use private classes. I gave an answer but it was wrong.
- What is the difference between tuples and lists in python? Answered.
- What are storage classes in c? Answered.
- Why did you choose to learn the web instead of ML?
- Which has a brighter future web or mobile development and why?
- What is the command to open a file in Ubuntu? I don’t know Ubuntu
- Who is your role model? Swami Vivekananda and Nikola Tesla.
- What is the birthplace of Swami Vivekananda and which is the most famous monument named after Swami Vivekananda? Answered.
- What do you think about the controversy between Tesla and Edison?
- If you are offered to work in a team or as an individual, what will you choose and why? Team.
- But what if you will be given a promotion in 2 years if you work as an individual and a promotion in 4 years if you work in a team?
- Why do you want to join TCS?
- What is the best thing about TCS?
- What will you choose an 11 lakh pkg in Google or a 9 lakh pkg in TCS?
- What will you do if you are in a situation where you have to deliver work to the client but 2 of your teammates are having some emergency situation and 3rd member is having some personal problems?
- What is the difference between pandemic and epidemic?
- What is Demoralization?
- What is the difference between deep copy and shallow copy?
- Please send your college mark sheet, pan card, resume, 10th, and 12th mark sheet on the email id I have shared in the chatbox.
- Note: No coding question was asked
Tips: Master at least one programming language and always be confident with your answer.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon and Microsoft Test Serieses.