Bit Rotation: A rotation (or circular shift) is an operation similar to shift except that the bits that fall off at one end are put back to the other end.
In left rotation, the bits that fall off at left end are put back at right end.
In right rotation, the bits that fall off at right end are put back at left end.
Let n is stored using 8 bits. Left rotation of n = 11100101 by 3 makes n = 00101111 (Left shifted by 3 and first 3 bits are put back in last ). If n is stored using 16 bits or 32 bits then left rotation of n (000…11100101) becomes 00..0011100101000.
Right rotation of n = 11100101 by 3 makes n = 10111100 (Right shifted by 3 and last 3 bits are put back in first ) if n is stored using 8 bits. If n is stored using 16 bits or 32 bits then right rotation of n (000…11100101) by 3 becomes 101000..0011100.
Left Rotation of 16 by 2 is 64 Right Rotation of 16 by 2 is 4
Please write comments if you find any bug in the above program or other ways to solve the same problem.
Don’t stop now and take your learning to the next level. Learn all the important concepts of Data Structures and Algorithms with the help of the most trusted course: DSA Self Paced. Become industry ready at a student-friendly price.
- Check if bits of a number has count of consecutive set bits in increasing order
- Toggle bits of a number except first and last bits
- Maximize a given unsigned number number by swapping bits at it's extreme positions.
- Find the largest number smaller than integer N with maximum number of set bits
- Check if a number has same number of set and unset bits
- Set all even bits of a number
- Set all odd bits of a number
- Same Number Of Set Bits As N
- Set all the bits in given range of a number
- For every set bit of a number toggle bits of other
- Toggle all the bits of a number except k-th bit.
- Check if all bits of a number are set
- Check whether the number has only first and last bits set | Set 2
- Check whether the number has only first and last bits set
- Toggle all even bits of a number
- Number with set bits only between L-th and R-th index
- Toggle first and last bits of a number
- Change all even bits in a number to 0
- Swap bits in a given number
- Largest number less than X having at most K set bits
Improved By : SoumikMondal