Given a number, the task is to toggle bits of the number except the first and the last bit.
Input : 10 Output : 12 Binary representation:- 1 0 1 0 After toggling first and last : 1 1 0 0 Input : 9 Output : 15 Binary representation : 1 0 0 1 After toggling first and last : 1 1 1 1
Prerequisite : Find most significant set bit of a number
1) Generate a number which contains middle bit as set. We need to change all middle bits to 1 and keep corner bits as 0.
2) Answer is XOR of generated number and original number. Note that XOR of 1 with a number toggles the number.
Time Complexity:- O(1)
- Write an Efficient Method to Check if a Number is Multiple of 3
- Find the Number Occurring Odd Number of Times
- Write an Efficient C Program to Reverse Bits of a Number
- Count set bits in an integer
- Count number of bits to be flipped to convert A to B
- Rotate bits of a number
- Compute modulus division by a power-of-2-number
- Find whether a given number is a power of 4 or not
- Add 1 to a given number
- Next higher number with same number of set bits
- Program to count number of set bits in an (big) array
- Count total set bits in all numbers from 1 to n
- Swap bits in a given number
- Binary representation of a given number
- Swap all odd and even bits
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.