Given a integer n > 0, the task is to find whether in the bit pattern of integer count of continuous 1’s are in increasing from left to right.
Input:19 Output:Yes Explanation: Bit-pattern of 19 = 10011, Counts of continuous 1's from left to right are 1, 2 which are in increasing order. Input : 183 Output : yes Explanation: Bit-pattern of 183 = 10110111, Counts of continuous 1's from left to right are 1, 2, 3 which are in increasing order.
A simple solution is to store binary representation of given number into a string, then traverse from left to right and count the number of continuous 1’s. For every encounter of 0 check the value of previous count of continuous 1’s to that of current value, if the value of previous count is greater than the value of current count then return False, Else when string ends return True.
An efficient solution is to use decimal to binary conversion loop that divides number by 2 and take remainder as bit. This loop finds bits from right to left. So we check if right to left is in decreasing order or not.
Below is the implementation.
This article is contributed by Shivam Pradhan (anuj_charm). If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Check if all bits of a number are set
- Check whether the number has only first and last bits set | Set 2
- Check whether the number has only first and last bits set
- Count Set-bits of number using Recursion
- Count total bits in a number
- Count pairs (A, B) such that A has X and B has Y number of set bits and A+B = C
- Count unset bits of a number
- Toggle bits of a number except first and last bits
- Check if a number has two adjacent set bits
- Count pairs of elements such that number of set bits in their AND is B[i]
- Count number of bits to be flipped to convert A to B
- Count number of set bits in a range using bitset
- Count number of bits changed after adding 1 to given N
- Program to count number of set bits in an (big) array
- Count number of bits to be flipped to convert A to B | Set-2