Given a integer n > 0, the task is to find whether in the bit pattern of integer count of continuous 1’s are in increasing from left to right.
Input:19 Output:Yes Explanation: Bit-pattern of 19 = 10011, Counts of continuous 1's from left to right are 1, 2 which are in increasing order. Input : 183 Output : yes Explanation: Bit-pattern of 183 = 10110111, Counts of continuous 1's from left to right are 1, 2, 3 which are in increasing order.
A simple solution is to store binary representation of given number into a string, then traverse from left to right and count the number of continuous 1’s. For every encounter of 0 check the value of previous count of continuous 1’s to that of current value, if the value of previous count is greater than the value of current count then return False, Else when string ends return True.
An efficient solution is to use decimal to binary conversion loop that divides number by 2 and take remainder as bit. This loop finds bits from right to left. So we check if right to left is in decreasing order or not.
Below is the implementation.
This article is contributed by Shivam Pradhan (anuj_charm). If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Write an Efficient Method to Check if a Number is Multiple of 3
- Find the Number Occurring Odd Number of Times
- Check for Integer Overflow
- Write an Efficient C Program to Reverse Bits of a Number
- Count set bits in an integer
- Count number of bits to be flipped to convert A to B
- Rotate bits of a number
- Compute modulus division by a power-of-2-number
- Find whether a given number is a power of 4 or not
- Add 1 to a given number
- Next higher number with same number of set bits
- Program to count number of set bits in an (big) array
- Count total set bits in all numbers from 1 to n
- Swap bits in a given number
- Binary representation of a given number