But what happens in the low level code, in the native project?
So before digging into React Native Examples, Lets first know what exactly happens in the low level code.
Threads in React Native App
There are 4 threads in the React Native App :
1) UI Thread : Also known as Main Thread. This is used for native android or iOS UI rendering. For example, In android this thread is used for android measure/layout/draw happens.
One exception are the native views that happen completely in UI thread, for example, navigatorIOS or scrollview run completely in UI thread and hence are not blocked due to a slow js thread.
3) Native Modules Thread: Sometimes an app needs access to platform API, and this happens as part of native module thread.
4) Render Thread : Only in Android L (5.0), react native render thread is used to generate actual OpenGL commands used to draw your UI.
Process involved in working of React Native
1) At the first start of the app, the main thread starts execution and starts loading JS bundles.
3) When React start rendering Reconciler starts “diffing”, and when it generates a new virtual DOM(layout) it sends changes to another thread(Shadow thread).
4) Shadow thread calculates layout and then sends layout parameters/objects to the main(UI) thread. ( Here you may wonder why we call it “shadow”? It’s because it generates shadow nodes )
5) Since only the main thread is able to render something on the screen, shadow thread should send generated layout to the main thread, and only then UI renders.
Separation of React Native
Generally, we can separate React Native into 3 parts :
1) React Native – Native side
2) React Native – JS side
3) React Native – Bridge
This is often called “The 3 Parts of React Native”
This article is contributed by Saket Kumar. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- What is the difference between React Native and React?
- Introduction to React Native
- Why You Should Choose React Native?
- Component State in React Native
- Getting started with React Native? Read this first !
- Android & iOS App development using react native with expo
- ReactJS | State in React
- React.js (Introduction and Working)
- How GPS works?
- How GSM works ?
- How mining works?
- How an Antivirus Works?
- How BitTorrent Works?
- How Cloud Storage Actually Works !!
- How Google Search Works!!