The following script src will include axios.js in the head section of your HTML code
When we send a request to the API using axios, it returns a response. The response object consists of:
- data: the data returned from the server.
- status: the HTTP code returned from the server.
- statusText: the HTTP status returned by the server.
- headers: headers obtained from the server.
- config: the original request configuration.
- request: the request object.
For the purpose of demonstration, we will be hosting an API on the localhost:
Python Script: You will be requiring the following packages to run the API, flask, requests, jsonify, flask_cors. The code for the Python API is as follows:
Note: You can host this API by simply running the above python code.
JS Script: Include axios.js and the corresponding JS file in the HTML file. In the JS file, write the following code which makes a GET request using Axios to the API. A GET request to the API requires the path to the API method.
- Output: It will call the API with a GET request. The response will be obtained on the console window.