The placeholder attribute does not work with the input type Date, so place any value as a placeholder in the input type Date. You can use the onfocus=”(this.type=’date’) inside the input filed. Because you are required to have a custom placeholder value for input type “date”, and you have a drop-down calendar where the user can select the date from.
Below example illustrates the above approach:
Note: After clicking on the left field, we get the dd/mm/yyyy box, and we get the calendar drop-down menu after clicking on it again. This is because the input box is actually a “text” input, but on clicking on it (i.e. focusing on it), we get the data type input. But the right field is normal text input filed.
Example 2: When you lose the focus on the date the date field changes back to a text field.
- As we can see, we can modify the placeholder text as needed. On one click, we get the standard date input field, and we can enter the date:
- After entering the date, it looks as follows:
- Upon losing focus, it changes back to a text field due to the onblur event we have introduced:
- HTML | <input type="date">
- HTML | DOM Input Date type Property
- HTML | <input> placeholder Attribute
- HTML | DOM Input URL placeholder Property
- HTML | DOM Input Number placeholder Property
- HTML | DOM Input Email Placeholder Property
- HTML | DOM Input Search placeholder Property
- HTML | DOM Input Password placeholder Property
- HTML | DOM Input Text placeholder Property
- HTML | DOM Input Date name Property
- HTML | DOM Input Date min Property
- HTML | DOM Input Date max Property
- HTML | DOM Input Date Object
- HTML | DOM Input Date value Property
- HTML | DOM Input Date disabled Property
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : ManasChhabra2