Google Kick Start – Important Dates, Eligibility, Contest Details
Google Kick Start is a Global online coding competition organized by Google for those who are interested in solving fun and challenging algorithmic problems. Here, participants will have the opportunity to develop and grow their programming skills. Meanwhile, the top participants may get the chance to be invited to Google for the interview.
* The schedule for Google Kick Start can be checked from Here!!*
Let’s take a look at the Google Kick Start Contest format:
- It consists of several three-hours rounds of algorithmic challenges designed by Google Engineers and held throughout the year at separate times.
- Each Kick Start Round will be open to all participants and there is no pre-qualification needed as well.
- You only need to register once on the website and you’ll be set up to compete in any round you’d like.
- The problem format is similar to most of the coding competitions. You’ll be given the Problem, Input, Output, Constraints, Some Sample test cases, and Explanation.
- For every problem, there are two Test sets: One with smaller constraints and another with larger constraints.
- You have to select the programming language, write your code in the code editor, and submit the code.
Google Kick Start mainly focuses on proficiency in Data Structures and Algorithms. So, to prepare for it, you have to practice hard and command over the DS & Algorithms concepts. Just remember that practice makes a man perfect!! You can do your practice with Past Kick Start problems as it will help you to understand the nature of the contest and boost your confidence. Some of the most recommended topics of Data Structures and Algorithms for Google Kick Start are listed below:
Furthermore, try to solve Easy-Medium problems on the above topics in a short amount of time. There are a lot of online coding platforms (such as GeeksforGeeks, Codechef, Leetcode, etc.) where you can practice and grow your programming abilities.
More about Kick Start
- Each Contest is void in Crimea, Iran, North Korea, Quebec, Syria, and where prohibited by law.
- You cannot participate in a contest if you are under sixteen (16) years old. You may participate in a Contest if you are at least sixteen (16) years of age at the time you register for such Contest.
- You must be eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of registration to be eligible to be contacted by a Google recruiter.
- In order to enter a Contest, you must have access to the Internet, and a valid email address.
- Google reserves the right to verify your eligibility and to adjudicate on any dispute at any time.
- All communications between Google and you, including a Contest website and email communications, must be in English.
- You have to register for the contest once for being able to participate in a Round of the Kick Start Contest.
- You can participate in any and all Rounds of your choice regardless of performance or participation in any prior Rounds.
- You may use any editor or development environment, including those made available online, as long as your code is not accessible to others.
- For Kick Start problems, you must submit the source code for your solution through the KS Contest website. You must indicate the programming language of your file by using the provided dropdown menu.
- You may be disqualified from the KS Contest if Google reasonably believes that you have attempted to undermine the legitimate operation of the KS Contest according to the Terms.
- For more information related to Rules and Terms, and to check if you are eligible for the contest, visit Rules and terms.
Google offers you the prize based on your performance in the contest. The prize may be in monetary or a non-monetary form. Money prizes will be awarded in U.S. dollars and may be delivered in the form of cash, check, gift card, or other cash equivalents. Google may either ship your non-monetary prize to you or request that you come to a Google office or a designated location to collect your prize. Google may provide a substitute prize of equal or greater value at Google’s sole discretion, or where required by law, or in the event all or part of a prize becomes unavailable.
For more details, you can visit the following links:
All the best for your first Kick Start round!
Whether you're preparing for your first job interview or aiming to upskill in this ever-evolving tech landscape, GeeksforGeeks Courses
are your key to success. We provide top-quality content at affordable prices, all geared towards accelerating your growth in a time-bound manner. Join the millions we've already empowered, and we're here to do the same for you. Don't miss out - check it out now!