Light Emitting Diode (LED):
LED is a type of LCD that actually accompanies the advancement of technology. This replaces the fluorescent tube with backlight technology, which produces a clearer picture than the LCD. LED have wider viewing angle than the LCD. It have better black level and contrast in comparison to LCD LCD display. LED delivers better color accuracy in comparison to the LCD.
Liquid Crystal Display (LCD):
An LCD is a passive device, which means that it does not deliver any light to display characters, animations, videos, etc. LCD uses fluorescent tubes to lighten the picture, but can’t provide the clearer picture as LED delivers. It delivers good color accuracy, but we can notice the difference if we compare LED and LCD color accuracy. In LCD, the wide angle decreases with 30 degrees from the center in the image then the contrast ratio.
Difference between LED and LCD:
|1.||LED have better response time than LCD.||LCD is slower than LED in terms of response time.|
|2.||LED consumes more power in comparison to LCD.||Whereas it consumes less power in comparison to LED.|
|3.||LED delivers good picture quality in comparison to the LCD display.||LCD also delivers the good picture quality but less than LED.|
|4.||LED is costlier than LCD.||While it is less costlier than LED.|
|5.||LED have better black level and contrast in comparison to LCD.||While it have not good black level and contrast as LED.|
|6.||LED delivers better color accuracy in comparison to the LCD.||While it also delivers good color accuracy, but we can notice the difference if we compare these two.|
|7.||LED have wider viewing angle than the LCD.||While in LCD, the wide angle decreases with 30 degrees from the center in the image then the contrast ratio.|
- Difference between Active Matrix LCD and Passive Matrix LCD
- Difference between CRT and LCD
- Difference between Digital Light Processing (DLP) and Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) Projector
- Difference between Plasma Panel and LCD
- Difference between E-paper and LCD
- Difference and Similarities between PHP and C
- Difference between Stop and Wait protocol and Sliding Window protocol
- Similarities and Difference between Java and C++
- Difference between Yaacomo and and XAP
- Difference between VoIP and and POTS
- Difference between ++*p, *p++ and *++p
- Difference Between DOS and Windows
- Difference between User Level thread and Kernel Level thread
- What’s difference between The Internet and The Web ?
- Difference between Priority Inversion and Priority Inheritance
- What’s difference between Linux and Android ?
- What’s difference between header files "stdio.h" and "stdlib.h" ?
- Difference between HTML and HTTP
- Difference between http:// and https://
- What's difference between MMU and MPU?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.