Prerequisite – Refresh type output devices
1. Beam Penetration Method :
Beam Penetration Method is quite similar to the normal CRT and it uses only one electron gun. In this, different colors of multi-layered are coated on inner surface of screen, normally the two layers of phosphorus i.e., red and green are coated. It is a method used for displaying color pictures that has been used with random scan monitors.
2. Shadow Mask Method :
Shadow Mask Method is the method which is used in raster scan system which includes color TVs. In this the pixel is made up of three -colors. So due to three colors it uses three electron guns one for producing each color. The colors are red, green and blue. In this the important consideration for a color monitor is the setting of electron guns and the phosphor dots forming a pixel.
Difference between Beam Penetration and Shadow Mask :
|Sr. No.||Basis||Beam Penetration||Shadow Mask|
|1.||Colors produced||In this method, there is the production of only four colors i.e., red, green, yellow, orange.||In this method, there is the production of millions of colors.|
|2.||Color dependency||As in this method only four colors are produced it is because of the speed of the electron gun.||As in this method millions of colors are produced because it depends upon the intensity value of the three available guns.|
|3.||Number of electron guns used.||In this method, only one electron gun is used.||In this methods, three electron guns are used; i.e red, green and blue.|
|4.||Picture quality||As we know in this different colors and shades are not possible. So, it’s picture quality is poor.||As we know in this different colors and shades are possible. So, it’s picture quality is quite good.|
|5.||Realistic view||This method is not suitable for providing the realistic view.||This method is suitable for providing the realistic view.|
|6.||Resolution||This method provides high resolution.||Whereas, this method does not able to provide high resolution.|
|7.||Cost||It is cheaper than shadow mask method.||It is an expensive method.|
|8.||Application||It is used in random scan system to display color.||It is used in raster scan system to display color.|
- Difference between PCA VS t-SNE
- Difference between GSM and LTE
- Difference between DDR 5 and DDR 3
- What is the difference between GUI and CUI?
- Difference between URL and URI
- Difference between AIX and QNX
- Difference between DVD-R and DVD-RW
- Difference between AIX and IBM i
- Difference between AIX and HP-UX
- Difference between WCF and Web API
- Web 1.0, Web 2.0 and Web 3.0 with their difference
- Difference between TCP and RTP
- Difference between CD-R and CD-RW
- Difference between ZIP and RAR
- Difference Between Blu-Ray and DVD
- Difference between MP4 and MP3
- Difference between BFS and DFS
- Difference between ELT and ETL
- Difference Between DVD-R and DVD+R
- Difference between 4G and 5G
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.