Prerequisite – Flip-flop
Here, we will discuss the process of conversion of S-R Flip-Flop into a T Flip-Flop using an example.
Rules for conversion:
Find the characteristics table of required flip-flop and the excitation table of the existing (given) flip-flop.
Find the expression of given flip-flop in terms of required flip-flop using K-map.
Find the circuit diagram of required flip-flop.
S-R Flip-Flop to T Flip-Flop:
Following is the characteristics table of T flip-flop and excitation table of S-R flip-flop.
Now, using K-map we get the expression for of S & R in terms of T.
S = TQn’ & R = TQn
Therefore, the circuit diagram for conversion of S-R flip-flop into T flip-flop is:
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Conversion of J-K Flip-Flop into T Flip-Flop
- Conversion of J-K Flip-Flop into D Flip-Flop
- Conversion of S-R Flip-Flop into D Flip-Flop
- Program for Binary To Decimal Conversion
- Program for Decimal to Binary Conversion
- Program for Decimal to Octal Conversion
- Program for Octal to Decimal Conversion
- Conversion of Moore to Mealy machine (Set 4)
- Conversion of Moore to Mealy machine (Set 9)
- Conversion of Binary number to Base 4 system
- Conversion of Epsilon-NFA to NFA
- Difference between Type Casting and Type Conversion
- Minimal to Canonical Form Conversion
- GATE Cut-offs needed to get into IITs, NITs, etc
- How GeeksforGeeks helped me to get into IIT
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.