The main distinction between DDA algorithm and Bresenham line algorithm is that, the DDA algorithmic rule uses floating purpose values whereas in Bresenham, spherical off functions is used.
DDA algorithmic rule involves multiplication as well as division whereas in bresenham algorithmic rule, addition and subtraction are the most performed operations.
Let’s see that the difference between DDA algorithm and Bresenham line drawing algorithm:
|S.NO||DDA Line Algorithm||Bresenham line Algorithm|
|1.||DDA stands for Digital Differential Analyzer.||While it has no full form.|
|2.||DDA algorithm is less efficient than Bresenham line algorithm.||While it is more efficient than DDA algorithm.|
|3.||The calculation speed of DDA algorithm is less than Bresenham line algorithm.||While the calculation speed of Bresenham line algorithm is faster than DDA algorithm.|
|4.||DDA algorithm is costlier than Bresenham line algorithm.||While Bresenham line algorithm is cheaper than DDA algorithm.|
|5.||DDA algorithm has less precision or accuracy.||While it has more precision or accuracy.|
|6.||In DDA algorithm, the complexity of calculation is more complex.||While in this, the complexity of calculation is simple.|
|7.||In DDA algorithm, optimization is not provided.||While in this, optimization is provided.|
- Bresenham's Algorithm for 3-D Line Drawing
- Bresenham’s circle drawing algorithm
- DDA Line generation Algorithm in Computer Graphics
- Bresenham’s Line Generation Algorithm
- Neighbors of a point on a circle using Bresenham's algorithm
- Mid-Point Circle Drawing Algorithm
- Midpoint ellipse drawing algorithm
- Klee's Algorithm (Length Of Union Of Segments of a line)
- Line Clipping | Set 1 (Cohen–Sutherland Algorithm)
- Mid-Point Line Generation Algorithm
- Anti-aliased Line | Xiaolin Wu's algorithm
- Line Clipping | Set 2 (Cyrus Beck Algorithm)
- Cohen-Sutherland vs. Liang-Barsky line clipping algorithm
- Difference between Unipolar, Polar and Bipolar Line Coding Schemes
- Difference between Serial Line Internet Protocol (SLIP) and Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP)
- Difference between Algorithm, Pseudocode and Program
- Difference Between Algorithm and Flowchart
- Difference Between Flood-fill and Boundary-fill Algorithm
- Difference between First Come First Served (FCFS) and Round Robin (RR) Scheduling Algorithm
- Difference between RSA algorithm and DSA
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.