Recently Amazon visited IIT(ISM) Dhanbad for hiring interns.
This was an online assessment test. The test consisted of three sections.
1). Debugging: There were 7 C++ programs to be debugged. This part was very simple.
2). Aptitude: There were 24 aptitude based problems. The time limit was 35 minutes. The problems were ranged from cake-walk to easy.
3). Coding Section: This consisted of 2 coding problems. The time allowed was 70 minutes.
The first problem was:https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/search-in-row-wise-and-column-wise-sorted-matrix/
The second problem was based on Round Robin Scheduling. Given n processes, their arrival times and burst times, it was required to calculate the average waiting time using Round Robin scheduling. The Round Robin scheduling was not explained in great detail in the problem, hence a lot of students failed to solve the problem. I was well aware with the working of Round Robin scheduling, so I was able to solve both the problems and thus made it to the interviews,
There was only one technical interview and no HR round.
The interviewer was very friendly. The interview started with discussions on the recent projects I was part of. The discussion lasted for about 15 minutes.
He asked me if I was aware of page faults in Operating Systems and asked me about the various page replacement algorithms.
Then he asked me about the LRU cache. I was told to implement its code. https://leetcode.com/problems/lru-cache/
Then he asked me about cycle detection in a directed graph. I had to implement its working code on paper.
Then I was asked to implement the code for https://leetcode.com/problems/best-time-to-buy-and-sell-stock/.
I was able to solve and implement all the problems and was selected for the internship.
- Amazon Summer Internship Interview Experience | On-Campus
- Amazon Summer Internship Interview Experience (On-Campus)
- JP Morgan Chase and Co Interview Experience for Summer Internship
- Dailyhunt Summer internship interview experience (on campus)
- Intuit Interview Experience | Set 14 (For Summer Internship 2018)
- Microsoft Interview Experience for Summer Internship 2020
- CISCO Interview Experience | Summer Internship (Feb 2019)
- Microsoft Interview Experience (For Summer 2019 Internship)
- Fidelity Interview Experience for 2 months Summer Internship
- Expedia Interview Experience for ASDE Summer Internship
- Adobe Interview Experience | Summer Internship 2020
- Microsoft TechSetGo Summer Internship Interview Experience
- Microsoft Interview Experience (On Campus for 2020 Summer Internship)
- Android Developer Summer Internship Interview Experience in a Startup
- Goldman Sachs Interview Experience (On-campus for Summer Internship)
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.