While trying c graphic programming on Ubuntu, I figured out that graphic.h is not a standard C library and it is not supported by gcc compiler. So I am writing this article to explain the process.
If you want to use graphics.h on Ubuntu platform you need to compile and install libgraph. It is the implementation of turbo c graphics API on Linux using SDL.
You can download it from here libgraph
Step by Step Instructions:
- STEP 1: First install build-essential by typing
sudo apt-get install build-essential
- STEP 2: Install some additional packages by typing
sudo apt-get install libsdl-image1.2 libsdl-image1.2-dev guile-1.8 \ guile-1.8-dev libsdl1.2debian libart-2.0-dev libaudiofile-dev \ libesd0-dev libdirectfb-dev libdirectfb-extra libfreetype6-dev \ libxext-dev x11proto-xext-dev libfreetype6 libaa1 libaa1-dev \ libslang2-dev libasound2 libasound2-dev
- STEP 3: Now extract the downloaded libgraph-1.0.2.tar.gz file.
- STEP 4: Goto extracted folder and run following command
./configure make sudo make install sudo cp /usr/local/lib/libgraph.* /usr/lib
Now you can use graphics.h lib using following lines:
int gd = DETECT,gm; initgraph (& gd,& gm,NULL);
Reference: ask ubuntu
This article is contributed by Aakash Tiwari. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Linux Virtualization : Linux Containers (lxc)
- <algorithms> library in C++ STL
- <iterator> library in C++ STL
- <strings> library in C++ STL
- snprintf() in C library
- SDL library in C/C++ with examples
- <numeric> library in C++ STL
- <regex> library in C++ STL
- isgraph() C library function
- Any datatype in C++ boost library
- Pattern Searching using C++ library
- Advanced C++ with boost library
- The C++ Standard Template Library (STL)
- wcstof function in C library
- boost::split in C++ library
Improved By : Ankur Parihar